Wiki Posts
Search

Cash upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Remember that the following might be true:

Price of upgrade to CW & extra hotels to ensure you stay a Saturday night < Price of upgrade to WT+ without changing dates.

You will have to be a reasonable distance of time out from the flight for this option to be available as the cheaper fares disappear at either 14 or 28 (or possibly even 42 on some routes) days before departure.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:26 pm

Although come-what-may is fine with us, can anyone comment on the possibilities for upgrade LHR-GRU, CW to First? CW is I class.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnAx
Although come-what-may is fine with us, can anyone comment on the possibilities for upgrade LHR-GRU, CW to First? CW is I class.
Unlikely. A very popular route where BA can easily sell F and CW seats.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Makes you wonder how much it would cost to buy new flights And then bin the originals loosing the cancellation fee
Even O class fares can be changed like so: "A CHANGE IS A DATE/ OR FLIGHT/ OR ROUTING/ OR RESERVATION CHANGE".

Given that the surcharges are non-refundable if you cancel, I find it hard to see how it could be cheaper to bin the originals if you're still going to travel on BA. Of course, if you start going seriously off-piste (compared to your original ticket) then things may be different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.