Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Joker Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Irubi
... I am finally going to be reaching the giddy heights of GGL around the end of November/Early December...
Originally Posted by rupert_s
I think the joker is safe: ...
All tier related benefits, such as Gold Upgrade for Two, will remain the same and are not changing. (although tier levels may change!)
Indeed, and as you allude the GGL qualification requirement may very well be significantly different on 16 November ... just before the OP appears to reach the 'current' qualification threshold.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Indeed, and as you allude the GGL qualification requirement may very well be significantly different on 16 November ... just before the OP appears to reach the 'current' qualification threshold.
I think I may just (for my first time ever) do a very short tier point run as I will only be 90 tier points short by 1st November. Will probably just do a return somewhere to get over the threshold just in case.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
That may be a wise move, Irubi. I say this for the reasons below, I have no idea what the BAEC will look like come November 16, but it looks like BA are going to be doing something to how elite status is achieved and/or maintained.

Nicci (the BAEC spokesperson on FT) has been great at answering questions about the 'new and revitalised Executive Club'. Where things are not changing she has stated categorically that this is the case. However, look at the answers she gave (which are summarised) in this topic:

Originally Posted by Prospero

Tier structure, Tier benefits and Tier Point accrual
  • Question:
    Will the Tier Points remain the same? As in collecting the same number as now per flight and getting the same number to get to silver/gold etc?
    Answer:
    I can only answer questions related to the announcements so far so I'm afraid I can't answer this at the moment

• Question:
    Are there any tier related changes ie. changed Silver/Gold benefits, any new tier, changed tier point requirements?
    Answer:
    I can only answer questions related to the announcements so far so I'm afraid I can't answer this at the moment

• Question:
    Will there be any (positive or negative) change to the thresholds used to qualify for each tier?
    Answer:

• Question:
    Will there be any (positive or negative) change to the benefits associated with either membership tier?
    Answer:

For each and every question asked that relates to elite Tiers and qualification, there is a blanket 'no comment' response suggesting things are changing.

The choice is of course yours, it might be worth you hedging your bets, but then again the GGL qualification (or benefits) may not change. Indeed any changes could in fact be only nice changes!

I'm still expecting a sting-in-the-tail however; I do wish they'd just announce what they are doing ....
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I'm still expecting a sting-in-the-tail however; I do wish they'd just announce what they are doing ....
I think we last got an update from Nicci last Friday. Lets hope we get another one today.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I think we last got an update from Nicci last Friday. Lets hope we get another one today.
Surely too late for that now? Gone 5 on a friday with weather like this? She will be on her way home (I hope)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.