Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:43 pm

the subtlety of humour

at least when it is tongue in cheek doesn't seem to have landed
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Easier to earn and retain status

FWIW, the sign-off on the e-mail I've got today from James Hillier states:

I will be in touch again in a few weeks to tell you about more exciting changes, including how were planning to make it easier for our members to earn and retain status within the Club.
From this one might infer any of the following:
  • TP thresholds are to be reduced
  • Silver cards for anyone flying 4 flights on BA metal
  • Bronze level to be introduced
  • A monthly raffle for a Gold card
  • Premier card if you get a photo of you and Willy Walsh on Facebook (and 'Like' it)

Right, clearly I'm being flippant. My point is to show that, depending on your mood, you might decide from the above quote that any of those options could be valid.

Still, the distinction between "earning" and "retaining" might be interesting...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dark_horse
... Still, the distinction between "earning" and "retaining" might be interesting...
The language used certainly implies that BA is, at the very minimum, not raising tier point qualification levels for elite status - how else could you interpret making it "easier" to "earn" or "retain" status?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:16 pm

I'm unlikely to get any status in the forseeable future, but my 3 year old has 360 tier points. I wonder if she'll be asking to go on a tier point run to achieve bronze???(her year expires in January!)
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The language used certainly implies that BA is, at the very minimum, not raising tier point qualification levels for elite status - how else could you interpret making it "easier" to "earn" or "retain" status?
If
500 tps = bronze
1000 tps = silver
2000 tps = gold

It is easier to earn status (bronze) and retain status (at some level). It may not be as easy to earn and retain your current status.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
I hope this is true!

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Well, as someone who genuinely resides and works in France (a Eurobenefitter if you like) I hope that you are right and that the qualification levels will not be increased for residents in Europe (especially as I also received this e-mail from James Hillier so would assume it applies to me as well).

Cheers,
Steve
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Boyfrombiot
Well, as someone who genuinely resides and works in France (a Eurobenefitter if you like) I hope that you are right and that the qualification levels will not be increased for residents in Europe (especially as I also received this e-mail from James Hillier so would assume it applies to me as well).
Same here. Although my recent defection to Air Chance (relocation related) means I will probably need the soft landings. Adding a Bronze tier would actually benefit me. Getting back to Gold would be a pain though. I hope they will introduce Bronze without a TP reset.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HilFly
If
500 tps = bronze
1000 tps = silver
2000 tps = gold
So (if there is a reset at Bronze) from Blue to

Bronze = 500 TPs
Silver = 1500 TPs
Gold = 3500 TPs

Right? Gold would almost immediately qualify for a CCR card.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
So (if there is a reset at Bronze) from Blue to

Bronze = 500 TPs
Silver = 1500 TPs
Gold = 3500 TPs

Right? Gold would almost immediately qualify for a CCR card.
Maybe there will be no more resetting?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Given the statement "were planning to make it easier for our members to earn and retain status within the Club", I fail to see how that can be interpreted as requiring 1,500 TPs for Silver.

Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
Given the statement "we’re planning to make it easier for our members to earn and retain status within the Club", I fail to see how that can be interpreted as requiring 1,500 TPs for Silver.

Well, they did not say 'the same status' now did they?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
Given the statement "we’re planning to make it easier for our members to earn and retain status within the Club", I fail to see how that can be interpreted as requiring 1,500 TPs for Silver.

Because Bronze is "status" and so long as the tier points required to reach Bronze is less than the tier points required for Silver today, BA can state that is it easier to attain "status". Silver could increase to 1500 (not that it will) and BA could say they were right.

You just need to learn to speak BA's language, also called Enhancish.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you all need to stop winding each other up and wait to see what happens.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by origin
I think you all need to stop winding each other up and wait to see what happens.
Not sure if this refers to recent posts or older ones, but I don't see any winding-up. Well, no more than normal for this board

The dissection of BA's emails is entirely valid as they have previous on making ambiguous (intentionally or not) statements that insinuate an improvement but that actually turn out to be something completely opposite.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Not sure if this refers to recent posts or older ones, but I don't see any winding-up. Well, no more than normal for this board

The dissection of BA's emails is entirely valid as they have previous on making ambiguous (intentionally or not) statements that insinuate an improvement but that actually turn out to be something completely opposite.
You have seen the Gatwick TV series you need to use that language to understand BA speak. There is a buiness scholl of airline speak.

But I do agree what they say and often mean are two different things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.