Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet to be announced Exec Club changes: your fears, conjecture and general grousing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by beachfan
I give a reasoned, calm explantation and I get mocked.
The problem is that you are just adding supposition to uncertainty.

I genuinely regret that BA has left so many people with so many questions through their 'partial release'. They obviously have their reasons, although I find them unclear.

however ... so many people are extrapolating the uncertainty into completely fictional suppositions, and on the basis of no evidence. "BA are out to get me" "My Miles are now worthless"

There are people out there over the past couple of days who would give headless chickens a positive reputation.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by IMH
If you only told BA she was beautiful because you knew that being close to her would help you to spend time with her friends, she's right to want to dump you.
You are absolutely right! I never thought about it that way!! lol
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Can we stop now please? I am pretty sure that we all have speculated, interpreted or assumed something at one point in our life and I am also sure that if I would spend 10 minutes I can find many threads where we (at this side of the pond) have reacted before we were sure. I can remember some strike threads for one...

Also, in all fairness, you do not have to be paranoid to suspect that what BA has communicated so far (i.e. that the redemptions will be based on miles flown and that they have taken the concerns of the NA members seriously) and what BA has not communicated (i.e. no worries, be happy) so far will probably mean that the underpriced J/F returns to Asia and SA will be a thing of the past.

So, I feel for our NA friends (and our Asian and South American ones!) but I could do without the drama. From both sides.
you say underpriced, i say other routes are overpriced...

BTW, this board is all about drama. in fact, i think you have had some rather dramatic threads.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by azepine00
See ya on board - if you find an available award seat after those cc-obsessed yanks scoop them up of course.
No problem ... LHR-IAD is always easy and we've only ever had to shift by one day to get the availability we wanted!!

Come and spend those $$$$ in UK. They would be very welcome.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby
.. so far will probably mean that the underpriced J/F returns to Asia and SA will be a thing of the past.

There is nothing underpriced in 100/150 BA asia single partner awards - other airlines here offer similar numbers - 110/135 with AA miles, - 120/140 with UA etc.
This simply means that BA will lose NA members. Doesn't seem like a bright move from BA but who am I to decide...
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by mkjr
you say underpriced, i say other routes are overpriced...
I think BA earn/burn ratio is rather good compared to other EU airlines, especially if you fly Y a lot.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:02 pm

staggered releases of news, first good, then bad, is often done to potentially offset each other and prevent the good news from being overwhelmed by the badwe shall see soon enough if this is what is being done.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:07 pm

Location: AA Plat Pro & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by amiras
Because the beauty of the BA program was the lower redemption rates on CX, LA and AA. Look, this is pretty easy: it was a great ride while it lasted. I'm not complaining about BA changing the award charts. They can do whatever they want. The only "complaint" I have is that they are only telling us the good side of it (especially for EU residents) while it looks like the partner award chart is a classified document.
Agreed.

They know what the chart looks like - you wouldn't announce changes without having figured that out....be 'man' or 'woman' enough as an organization to step forward, give us our medicine and tell us the complete truth.

We can then all make reasoned choices about what we want to do as adults.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by T8191
An interesting perception. So, as I read that, after all those years of heading West or South to a sunny beach, you are all now going to be heading East [all the way across your great Continent] to do a nice long flight to that cold wet rainy Europe that you never bothered to visit before.

Are you still at College? Or in IT?
Believe it or not, there are some nice (and sunny) destinations across the pond as well, though it may not be in UK.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by beachfan
I give a reasoned, calm explantation and I get mocked.
It happens. For example, sometimes there is no interest in dialogue, which then may be a reason to respond by applying the filter of ignoring in one form or another -- including ignoring posts and/or unread PMs and/or individuals. Pay it no mind, as BA's changes to the BAEC program is what this ought to be about.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
if the amounts to MFU go down, i will be happier than a pig in >>>>...
This has been confirmed too. Welcome to the poop-pen !

(MFU one-way NYC > LHR from WT+ to Club is now 10k miles)

BAH
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:14 pm

Location: AA Plat Pro & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
[QUOTE=beachfan;17043873]Depends on whether you count a BA codeshare as a BA route.

But I don't think it's a lie, it's a deception. It's clearly promoting this as good news, and dribbling out the good news and remaining silent on the others.

A more appropriate statement would be;

We are changing our award structure. On routes that use BA planes, the good news is that 97% of the routes the needed mileage will stay the same or decrease. For codeshares and partner awards, we will be going to a mileage based table that we will be releasing shortly. As the partner award redemption rates will be going up, you might want to consider booking your partner travel prior to the change.[/QUOTE]

Except that I thought I read here that they do not intend to release the full tables until they are ineffect on Nov 16 - giving folks no time to react.

Originally Posted by BAHumbug

BAH
just made my otherwise crappy day.....
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BAHumbug

BAH
Very welcome it is too - F out & J back is now only 30K miles/points as well.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:18 pm

i think the reduction in the redemption levels advertised to date as between the east cost of the US and LHR is good news (we can probably speculate that if they are reduced for NYC, they are for YYZ too..... if the amounts to MFU go down, i will be happier than a pig in >>>>...
And also the 25% reduction in miles from LHR to HKG/NRT/BKK, etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.