Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August so much better than July [Club world catering]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August so much better than July [Club world catering]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: BA
Clearly BA are reading.......

Travel Tip #5: Take your own teabags if you're fussy about your morning cuppa. What routines do you have when flying?
from; http://www.facebook.com/britishairways

edit

and no sooner that I've posted a link the original Travel Tip has disappeared from their FB page! I smell shenanagins!

edit

and now it's back, but with a greater degree of clarity

Travel Tip #5: When going on holiday abroad, take your own teabags with you if you like a particular flavour or type of tea.

Are there any home comforts you take with you when you go on holiday?
So it's about taking tea on holiday, not on-board.

Last edited by malkie; Aug 8, 2011 at 7:55 am
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DG55
But when does 'discretion' just turn into offering it to everyone who asks? And then if other pax sees/smells the hot chocolate, will they then ask for it and also get it? If crew then say NO to the other pax, then they are left wondering why other pax get special treatment. E.g. did they not fork over the same thousands of pounds for the seat?

In this situation, one person getting special treatment could turn into three or four others feeling let down.
Surreptitiously bringing a hot chocolate could be tricky. A good crew member should be able to use their discretion to bring a glass of F wine into CW without half a dozen others wanting the same thing, however. That's why it's called discretion.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Ok so I might be flamed but Mrs Enigma loves Earl Grey so she takes some from the F lounge and ask a CC member for some hot water and there you go...

Usually travelling to the USA she takes a little stash anyway as she hates the tea in the US.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze (Ye Gods no), AA Gold (never used)
Is the umami thing not the Heston menu? As umami can be tasted high up very easily , unlike salt
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nedved20
Is the umami thing not the Heston menu? As umami can be tasted high up very easily , unlike salt
My menu on LHR-AUH was going on about umami. To be honest I am not familar with it though so it was probably wasted on me.

That said, I did enjoy the catering on that flight.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nedved20
I think it was the nose douching that brought out the taste of the Heston food more than the umami....what the hell is umami anyway?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze (Ye Gods no), AA Gold (never used)
Basically, the nose douching failed so in the end he decided to use umami.

It's like the other taste, savoury but nice, salt can't be tasted at high altitude so airlines have to heavily season food making it worse. So Heston found umami can be tasted, and created a BA umami menu.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Thats why the 2nd course salad has Parmesan cheese and oven roasted tomatoes - both high in Umami apparently...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.