Wiki Posts
Search

BA at the great turning

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA304
I can see your point. At that time BA and VS really led the way in commercial aviation. Even now some major airlines are just catching up to the products BA/VS offered back then. The rivalry between the two spurred the greatest advances in the industry for a long time.

Some of that shine has gone now from both airlines but I still think BA is a market-leader.

However, 1999 was still in the midst of the ethnic livery debacle so times maybe weren't so rosy as they appear.

I quite like BA as it is now.
I will also say that the latest version of CW continues to be amongst the very top business (and is some cases others first) offerings in the world.

Was quite a time in those days, not much else could compete, IMHO with lounge offerings and other amenities. Remember the VS on board beauty therapist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.