Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't ever Complain about CE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Also a good score by the guys in yield management. This is how to make an airline profitable.
Yeah, and also generate great band value, loyalty, and complimentary comments that amount to free advertising
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by UncleDude
No Alternative..By the way LAN service has finished

er, book the Y class fare? Fly Delta/Pinnacle?

Plenty of alternatives, what are you going to do, melt if you don't have an 'F' on your ticket?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by meester69
er, book the Y class fare? Fly Delta/Pinnacle?

Plenty of alternatives, what are you going to do, melt if you don't have an 'F' on your ticket?
I think the OP meant no other airport alternative as that was the other part of my post. Of course I can't answer that bit that's my assumption.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:57 pm
Ambassador

In a dummy booking for a last minute JFK-YYZ the Y and business fares were very similar.

The OP has probably suffered enough by paying £1130 for a 50 minute flight - we don't need to make it worse by criticising without knowing the situation.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by BA304
In a dummy booking for a last minute JFK-YYZ the Y and business fares were very similar.

The OP has probably suffered enough by paying £1130 for a 50 minute flight - we don't need to make it worse by criticising without knowing the situation.
He willingly booked it knowing full well it was a 50 minute flight for £1130. Even if they provided caviar and champagne the value looks rather questionable, no?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Also a good score by the guys in yield management. This is how to make an airline profitable.
Absolutely henky, and given that AA are about to be the only carrier from the big 6/7 in North America to announce a loss for Q2, I'm sure they are delighted with the OP's choice!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:01 pm
Suspended

What about flying JFK-BUF on B6 and driving across the boarder?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Airfare is largely priced according to demand, with far less in proportion to operating costs or quality of service. You'll find plenty of short regional flights (that mostly serve as feeders) that, when booked individually and within days of departure, book at astronomically high fares. Those fares have little to do with quality of service.

I think this is one of those cases where the only person who would pay such an outrageously high fare is someone who absolutely needs to be on that flight, given that alternatives exist. This doesn't appear to have much to do with the fact that BA (and other intra-Europe carriers) don't offer a very attractive C product, even in comparison with "typical" US domestic F (and JFK-YYZ isn't typical).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Still I would not pay a dime extra for it. Just like the other intra europe J classes. The only time you will find me in CE is on the feeder to a LH flight.
I'm with Henky on this one. I'd pay MAX $50 extra for CE for a LHR-VIE or LHR-BUD roundtrip.

Most of the time those A320s only run with 3 rows of CE anyway so clearly I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.