Don't ever Complain about CE

Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Don't ever Complain about CE

Last Minute AA Eagle Business Class JFK-YYZ fare for 50 minutes in a Small Regional Jet £1130 One way.

No food, No Lounge access for fare paid [Luckily I was BA Gold] .

One Free on-board drink.

And some say Rip Off Britain.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Surely you would have been better going to the station and taking the train than that price,was it an almighty emergency that you get there quickly?

My last club europe trip to and from nce was indeed lovely and the sandwiches were nice.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Earthman
Surely you would have been better going to the station and taking the train than that price,was it an almighty emergency that you get there quickly?

My last club europe trip to and from nce was indeed lovely and the sandwiches were nice.
Train from JFK to Toronto? You cannot be serious! (Well it is Wimbledon fortnight!)
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: BA, UA
I had to go have a look.....

A mere twelve hours by train from Penn Station! Or one could do it in under ten hours on the bus.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Funster

A mere twelve hours by train from Penn Station! Or one could do it in under ten hours on the bus.
Thanks for that, saves me looking.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:06 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Some of us may remember when BA used to operate this route (as a connection from MAN or BHX). With proper aircraft.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
A mere twelve hours by train from Penn Station!
Beautiful journey, if one has the time...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
$450 in Y on Delta/Pinnacle.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by UncleDude
£1130 One way..
You paid £1,130 for a 50 minute flight? Are you mad?!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:48 am

I'm sorry but CE is a utterly terrible product. The fact that you found a worse example on a regional jet means nothing to me.

I truly could not agree with you less on this one.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:51 am

LAN flies a 767 on that route with 'proper' business class, or if LGA was ever an option there are more AA flights to YYZ from there and they are usually cheaper. Porter would have gotten you to YTZ from EWR, but no miles.

Considering you say this was all last minute I'm guessing you just had no other options. I do like that even on regional jets AA/eagle offers a distinct first-class seat.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: FT
it is VERY common to see fares between NYC/BOS/ORD and YYZ be sky high at less than 7 days out. even if the planes are empty since they know full well many will book at the last minute

did you check porter from EWR to YTZ?

when i was watching the playoffs this year, i sucked it up and drove to BOS since there was no way in hell i was paying CAD$2000 for a flight in Y that is so short.

you picked a route that LOTS of business people travel and travel at the very very last minute and airlines know they will gouge you for it.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: FT

If you leave in the early AM out of NYC, it should only take about 8hs to drive (if you want to push your luck doing over 75mph in some of the 70 zones, you can do it less than 8 with short stops. it is getting out of NYC that eats time.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
If you leave in the early AM out of NYC, it should only take about 8hs to drive (if you want to push your luck doing over 75mph in some of the 70 zones, you can do it less than 8 with short stops. it is getting out of NYC that eats time.
One of the most boring drives I've ever taken (albeit from Westport CT).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by millionmiler
I'm sorry but CE is a utterly terrible product.
I beg to differ. Comparing CE to other European shorthaul business class products, BA is far from terrible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.