Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't ever Complain about CE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by millionmiler
I'm sorry but CE is a utterly terrible product. The fact that you found a worse example on a regional jet means nothing to me.

I truly could not agree with you less on this one.
Also agree with Genius1

I also beg to differ i have had plenty of CE flights and they have always been fine hence i quite happily pay for the next one!

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jun 29, 2011 at 9:42 am Reason: remove an unhelpful comment
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Also a good score by the guys in yield management. This is how to make an airline profitable.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Last Minute AA Eagle Business Class JFK-YYZ fare for 50 minutes in a Small Regional Jet £1130 One way.

No food, No Lounge access for fare paid [Luckily I was BA Gold] .

One Free on-board drink.

And some say Rip Off Britain.
While I generally fly whatever the premium product is, F in this case, I don't bother on "mini-hauls" (under an hour). There are a significant number of much lower air fare options (forget about train / drive), so not sure why you picked most expensive.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Genius1
I beg to differ. Comparing CE to other European shorthaul business class products, BA is far from terrible.
Totally agree. ^
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by evanderm
LAN flies a 767 on that route with 'proper' business class, or if LGA was ever an option there are more AA flights to YYZ from there and they are usually cheaper. Porter would have gotten you to YTZ from EWR, but no miles.

Considering you say this was all last minute I'm guessing you just had no other options. I do like that even on regional jets AA/eagle offers a distinct first-class seat.
No Alternative..By the way LAN service has finished
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:08 am
Suspended

How much for a round trip ticket? Just don't use the return.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Totally agree. ^
Still I would not pay a dime extra for it. Just like the other intra europe J classes. The only time you will find me in CE is on the feeder to a LH flight.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Still I would not pay a dime extra for it. Just like the other intra europe J classes. The only time you will find me in CE is on the feeder to a LH flight.
Quite often the CE fare is less than £100 round trip than the ET fare. In fact I've know ET on a certain route be circa. £110, but CE is only £180. Well worth it for that extra space, and especially the TPs.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Genius1
You paid £1,130 for a 50 minute flight? Are you mad?!
No you Helped to Pay £1,130 for a 50 minute flight..Well I could be a British Diplomat at the UN
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:25 am

No Alternative..By the way LAN service has finished
Thanks for pointing out that LAN no longer does the route. I didn't catch wind of that and I really wanted to try it. Oh well.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CE is an average intra-Europe business class. Worse than IB, TK and LX, about the same as LH, better than BD and LO. Nothing great, nothing awful. Just average.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
I'm sorry but CE is a utterly terrible product. The fact that you found a worse example on a regional jet means nothing to me.

I truly could not agree with you less on this one.
And I could not agree with you ! I've made 100's of CE flights, and generally they have been very good. ie yesterday BA 2689 from Genoa was fantastic, it was purser Mel who made it great although I do like the afternoon tea with scones, cream and strawberry jam anyway. Unlike 581 from MXP on 8th June, indifferent crew of 2 incl a CSD for 6 to 8 pax in CE, chatting ages before serving the meal with drinks at the same time. Then close the curtain, read the Mail and do the crossword. The outbound 580 in Y (my first in years but the diff in £ was massive) was also very enjoyable. It's the crew every time, but the empty middle set helps too.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:19 pm
awm

Programs: BA Gold for life
I often have to travel up to YYZ from NYC at short notice. Have a look at IT fares on this route (package deals including airfare and hotel). Even if you book one night in a cheap hotel and don't stay there, the savings on last minute airfare are often very significant.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm sorry but CE is a utterly terrible product.
That really depends on what you are basing your opinion on I would have thought.
Please elaborate more as your reply as it stands is rather meaningless.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
No you Helped to Pay £1,130 for a 50 minute flight..
You've lost me there, I'm afraid!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.