Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP Run to JER - a bit of PR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
TP Run to JER - a bit of PR

I'll apologise [for the producers'] on the bit about the Shell House towards the end, but it might tempt a few of you to do a languid TP Run

Forty-five minutes on our little Rock ...
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?...y&channel=itv1

I am NOT paid anything by Jersey Tourism, BA, or ITV.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is nothing like a little TP run to a lovely Island. Even better on a nice BA plane. Which is easier than a ferry in a Force 7 gale.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Jersey seems like a nice place to go for a TP run. The recent posts about the cost for CE being only a minimal amount over the economy fare as a BA package holiday seemed good value.

My parents took me to Guernsey when I was about 7 via Weymouth using the Sealink ferry IIRC. From what I remember when we went to Sark where there were no cars allowed and transport was around in a Tractor and hired bikes were the normal for daytrippers!!

Is it still like that?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETER01
My parents took me to Guernsey when I was about 7 via Weymouth using the Sealink ferry IIRC. From what I remember when we went to Sark where there were no cars allowed and transport was around in a Tractor and hired bikes were the normal for daytrippers!!

Is it still like that?
As far as I am aware yes. They still dont allow cars.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
Is it still like that?
Nothing changed at all.

Right, that's enough of Guernsey and Sark ... I'm plugging JER here
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have just booked a trip, including a JER TP run at the end, which gives about 2 free hours there. Anything good to do from the airport in that time?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fruitcake
I have just booked a trip, including a JER TP run at the end, which gives about 2 free hours there. Anything good to do from the airport in that time?
Two hours is really quite tight. A gentle stroll to the Jersey Aero Club for a coffee is about all you could realistically manage - about 15 mins each way, at the East end of the Airport [land-side, obviously]. IIRC they have a website.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Jersey has got my vote. Been 3 times in last two years and will be going back again.

cs
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Me too. Looking forward to a weekend trip in September with the in-laws. Have booked CE for us for the TPs and economy for them but being a perfect son-in-law of course we'll let them sit up front (have got row 2 for "them" but as the PNRs are separate I can't preselect "our" economy seats of course).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
I was on family holidays twice (I think) when I was a kid & have some fond memories of the island. I was there once again, kicking & screaming in protest as an awkward teenager. But still enjoyed the trip. In particular I remember the "German Underground Hospital" as being of great interest to me.

I've often thought that I'd like to make a return trip again.

Any good hotel recommendations T8191 ? Somewhere really nice for Mrs Kered & I

IIRC on those trips I referred to, we stayed in St. Brelade Bay ? !
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Looking forward to the nice 26C forecast on Sunday... when the rain is here, Jersey can be a very boring place, but when the sun is out it is fantastic... wonderful beaches, strong sunshine and 40 minutes from London!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:21 pm

We spent part of a vacation visiting friends who live there and enjoyed the island and our visit with our friends!

The Island is beautiful and we enjoyed all the sights. The weather was dreadful one day and everyone agreed that this was a wonderful way to see the coast. High winds and sideways rain. Interesting roads, glad we were not driving.

Of course, when these friends visited us on Cape Cod, we provided a mix of weather also.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Hmmm. Very tempting. 80 TPs for around 250. Could make an interesting day trip or weekend away.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to go to JER again soon. Thankfully this will be a day trip. Though the BA flight times are rubbish with either 7:20 or midday outbound.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I have to go to JER again soon. Thankfully this will be a day trip. Though the BA flight times are rubbish with either 7:20 or midday outbound.
The 8:30AM flight which runs in Winter is a much better option... I always catch the 12PM flight nowadays! Seems to be doing well in CE, I am on that flight in late July (arriving from Punta Cana that morning) and there are 7 rows of CE, only vacant seats being 2C, 3D and 7AC + DF!

Off to Lake Como in early August too, looking forward to going from T5 for a change instead of LGW!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.