Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP Run to JER - a bit of PR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Ce qu'est une belle paire de melons.
Don't encourage him ... he'll mention PUJ any moment now [or NYC]
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Ce qu'est une belle paire de melons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loB-3Tzll14

My only thought on the matter.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've excavated this thread to note, from yesterday's [Thursday, 21 July 2011] Jersey Evening Post, the following ...
Jersey is one of 2011's ten most requested summer holiday destinations, according to British Airways. Based on bookings made for July and August this year, the Island sits as the tenth most popular place for a summer holiday. New York, Florida, Barbados, Rome and Barcelona were holiday makers' top five choices with Mauritius, Las Vegas, St Lucia, Venice and Jersey next in line. With the tough economic climate, the Channel Islands have recently become a more attractive option for mini-breaks and short getaways.
Admit it, folks ... you're all doing TP runs and skewing the Stats!!

[sh*t ... I've got the bludgy advert alongside my post again!!]
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by T8191
I've excavated this thread to note, from yesterday's [Thursday, 21 July 2011] Jersey Evening Post, the following ...
Jersey is one of 2011's ten most requested summer holiday destinations, according to British Airways. Based on bookings made for July and August this year, the Island sits as the tenth most popular place for a summer holiday. New York, Florida, Barbados, Rome and Barcelona were holiday makers' top five choices with Mauritius, Las Vegas, St Lucia, Venice and Jersey next in line. With the tough economic climate, the Channel Islands have recently become a more attractive option for mini-breaks and short getaways.

[sh*t ... I've got the bludgy advert alongside my post again!!]
Ha ha ha !!!
Big up jersey, BA, and gatwick, now let's have another daily flight to help with the popularity

cs
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Ha ha ha !!!
Big up jersey, BA, and gatwick, now let's have another daily flight to help with the popularity

cs
JER already gets its healthy "Five a Day"

Shame about Kernow, though. I feel your grief, Brother.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:48 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Going to be 28C on Sunday according to the BBC and I have a french speaking exam on Monday morning... if any revision takes place, it will be down the beach!
Really?! Greetings from the Gatwick Flounge. I am looking forward to this weekend. Jersey is where I tried surfing for the first time. Maybe I'll have a go again on Sunday. Bonnes tudes sr la plage...
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Ha ha ha !!!

cs
JER already gets its healthy "Five a Day"

Shame about Kernow, though. I feel your grief, Brother.
True but those five always seem rammed !! Maybe time for a sixth flight ???

Kernow, well at least we now get a BA codeshare on the BE service ex LGW, I suppose iv got to be grateful for that

cs
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

True but those five always seem rammed !! Maybe time for a sixth flight ???
Never 'rammed' in CE when we use it ... around lunchtime the CE cabin is usually around 50%, or even less. VMMV on the Red-Eye, of course
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Never 'rammed' in CE when we use it ... around lunchtime the CE cabin is usually around 50%, or even less. VMMV on the Red-Eye, of course
Was quite quiet on my recent red eye surprisingly! I was in 2A, there were 6 rows of CE with 5ACDF and 6ACDF unoccupied, and 1DF and a couple of other seats were free too. I would have moved to 1F at OLCI but only 1D was available- the pax in 1F did not turn up so it was vacant in the end! Felt like no point in moving in the end.

Was also very nice to see hot towels in CE, and the breakfast was also excellent and the crew were fantastic!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Nope, I'm working there on a Project recently and JER is now Ranking on #10 of my most visited airports world wide (within 2 months or so).

Frustrating: I'm paying a shedload of money ($750+ in Y) for my DUS-JER trip while you're figuring it's so cheap and convenient for TP Runs...

Honestly though, I found a surprising amount of tourists on my flights, but I don't get it. It's nice for a weekend break, but paying the pricey hotels (from my experience) alone would make you lose any flight saving.

To me it would be cheaper to stay a week in MIA than JER, so I am not certain how much the "current economic climate" has to do with it...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think the age [and/or background] of the average tourist may have something to do with it. MIA may be a bit too exciting/adventurous for some!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.