Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I think you're being a bit unfair there.

An explanation in the newsletter might be the best way of informing those affected why the decision was made. I don't see why Nicci should have to explain the reasons behind BA's business decisions.
If she did, I can imagine some of the replies she would receive might make her position on this forum most uncomfortable.
I agree with this. It is not Nicci's role to engage into explanations on the whys and wherefores of BA's policies, which would put her under significant pressure.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NickB
I agree with this..
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
As astutely observed in a previous post by PtF, given your prolific post count, you are bound by the law of averages to say something sensible sometimes. .

Last edited by NickB; Jun 2, 2011 at 10:59 am
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I agree with this. It is not Nicci's role to engage into explanations on the whys and wherefores of BA's policies, which would put her under significant pressure.
In view of the number of complaints made on this thread about the tone of BA's e-mail advising of the change in policy I stand by my original comment. Anything Nicci posted here would be an improvement on the cack-handed way BA has gone about things.

I'm not suggesting that we all put Nicci in the stocks, FFS. As she has done in the two other Open Doors-related threads a simple statement early on in the process would have stopped this thread becoming the monster that it has.

And if she isn't happy to allow herself to be placed 'under signifcant pressure' maybe she should remove the words 'Company Representative' from beneath her FT handle.

This is NOT an attack on Nicci - as I said in my previous post Nicci does a good job on this forum, for which many are grateful.

However given that, presumably, she posts on this forum with the blessing of BA - and occasionally, again presumably, provides feedback from this forum to BA management - it's just a shame there has been no company interaction with this thread.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Given your prolific post count, you are bound by the law of averages to say something sensible sometimes. .
Disagreeing with my posts I don't mind. Copying them (see post #530 above) is another matter.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
However given that, presumably, she posts on this forum with the blessing of BA - and occasionally, again presumably, provides feedback from this forum to BA management - it's just a shame there has been no company interaction with this thread.
She's probably been too busy fending off the frenzy of media attention this change has caused.

Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
She's probably been too busy fending off the frenzy of media attention this change has caused.

I'm reliably informed the Daily Mail is publishing an exclusive interview tomorrow; or is it Viz?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Do a Google search for anytime access british airways
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Nice one!! I'd tried the same with 'Open Doors' without success.

Can't see it in the Daily Mail yet though.

PS - What's really scary is searching google.nl returns 59,000+ results for 'henkybaby'.

Last edited by Phil the Flyer; Jun 2, 2011 at 10:52 am
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The standard against which everything should be measured. I agree.

(I did not dare to search just for anytime access...)
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:46 am

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see reports from any place other than niche travel sites and frequent flyer forums.

Its not newsworthy.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless I'm missing something, I can't see reports from any place other than niche travel sites and frequent flyer forums.

Its not newsworthy.
I agree. Google News yielded no results whatsoever. I was just surprised that our Very Important Thread was not even on the first results page.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:54 am

I agree. Google News yielded no results whatsoever. I was just surprised that our Very Important Thread was not even on the first results page.
The only reason I'm still posting here is in an attempt to take HIDDY's postition at the top of this post's thread count. I'm eagerly awaiting DJ PtF getting time away from cleaning his camels to count down the Top 10.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice one!! I'd tried the same with 'Open Doors' without success.

PS - What's really scary is searching google.nl returns 59,000+ results for 'henkybaby'.
From what I have seen in the DM this week. It will only be mentioned if Pipa Middleton uses the lounge.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:57 am

The only reason I'm still posting here is in an attempt to take HIDDY's postition at the top of this post's thread count. I'm eagerly awaiting DJ PtF getting time away from cleaning his camels to count down the Top 10.
Must try harder!

Current score: HIDDY 59 Paralytic 56.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.