Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant - Early take off Late arrival

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Palmer
I had a look at flightstats. Eight flights landed and on the stand before 5:00 am - a mixture of HKG and SIN. One LOS and one BOS flight in there. The BOS flight was about 30 mins early.

It must be the time of year. The clocks going forward in a couple of weeks will sort it.

Palmer
The BOS flights can be very quick normally due to strong tailwinds, on one very fast flight we had beaten the customs,Immigration staff, ground crew, baggage handlers etc. into work and had to sit on the tarmac waiting for them to get through airside.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
No we're not all lazy and ineffective people, we just have to work with the tools we're given.
That's not a very nice thing to say about your coworkers!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Hobbes01
Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The BOS flights can be very quick normally due to strong tailwinds, on one very fast flight we had beaten the customs,Immigration staff, ground crew, baggage handlers etc. into work and had to sit on the tarmac waiting for them to get through airside.
The same thing happened again this morning. About six of the beasts turned up at 0430 hrs. I wasn't having any of it - not on a work day - so I got on the phone to my mate and managed to get the rest diverted over Windsor - including the BOS flight.

Ah, sweet slumber!

Palmer
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am one of the lucky ones and normally come straight into LHR, very rarely have to stack. It probably helps that I normally miss the morning rush and arrive just after lunch.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
0630 hrs? Too late, you'd missed the party! Things started warming up at 0420 hrs over Fulham. Five or six of those four engined monsters turned up within 10 minutes - WAKING ME UP!

I had to put my slippers on and go for a pee.

Palmer
Oh no! Now every time that I'm circling LHR on the 212 at some ungodly hour in the morning I will think of Palmer peeing in his slippers down below.

Last edited by HilFly; Mar 15, 2011 at 7:43 am
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hobbes01
I'm sure that was meant in the best possible taste.....bloody funny. ^
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by HilFly

at some ungodly hour in the morning I will think of Palmer peeing in his slippers down below.
At some ungodly hour in the morning Palmer is more likely to be peeing on his slippers!

It raises another question though - why do people pay such daft London property prices if they can't even get a good night's sleep because of all the air traffic overhead?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
At some ungodly hour in the morning Palmer is more likely to be peeing on his slippers!

It raises another question though - why do people pay such daft London property prices if they can't even get a good night's sleep because of all the air traffic overhead?
We do not have this problem in The Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But they also have the same problem in Windsor.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
... we just have to work with the tools we're given.

With slippers or without?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
The same thing happened again this morning. About six of the beasts turned up at 0430 hrs. I wasn't having any of it - not on a work day - so I got on the phone to my mate and managed to get the rest diverted over Windsor - including the BOS flight.

Ah, sweet slumber!

Palmer
The question is did you put on your slippers... To go pee????
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by origin
But they also have the same problem in Windsor.
Thanks to Palmer's need to pee while wearing slippers and desperate need for his beauty sleep
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
A bit more OT

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm sure that was meant in the best possible taste.....bloody funny. ^
Oh yes, the best possible taste!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:13 pm

At that time of the morning I usually take a seat (same as when I'm on a flight). It saves on the effort and co-ordination. I'm quite versatile really.

Palmer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.