Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LAN cancels segment, BAEC says we need to cancel booking, what are our rights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN cancels segment, BAEC says we need to cancel booking, what are our rights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:51 pm

When is the work on IPC expected to be completed? I just booked LIM-IPC for 04/2012 wondering if I may be impacted by a cancellation.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grlmopz
I had three separate representatives in the US mention that it "used to be the case" that there was a LAN liaison who could sort out such issues, but that ended in mid-2010.
Doubtless an act of reciprocity in some kind way previously enflicted on LA by BA/AA. LA are hopeless for these schedule changes without notification - sometimes the complete cancellation of a route. I guess the talks ongoing about them merging with JJ are a clue as to future chaos direction with *A.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
Doubtless an act of reciprocity in some kind way previously enflicted on LA by BA/AA. LA are hopeless for these schedule changes without notification - sometimes the complete cancellation of a route. I guess the talks ongoing about them merging with JJ are a clue as to future chaos direction with *A.
They'll be in good company with CO if they join *A, only found out about a 3 day schedule change last year when booking a hotel. They pointed out no flights arriving (this was Yap in Micronesia) that day... In contrast, last ba change - cancelled a lcy-ams flight - was good service, had put me on a lhr flight automatically, and a 3 minute call to get them to move it earlier in the day to make a connection. Is making me nervous about my first ever LAN flight in September though - syd-akl
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
AIUI you fall under the operating carrier's conditions of carriage, which you implicitly agreed to, in these circumstances. Unfortunately LAN's rules are offer less protection than BA's condition or the EU rules but what can you do.

http://www.lan.com/en_un/sitio_perso...ransporte.html

7. Carrier shall stand committed to make all possible efforts to carry the passenger and his baggage with reasonable punctuality. The times that appear set forth in the itineraries or in any other publication shall not be guaranteed in terms of performance/ fulfillment and shall not form part of this Agreement. In the event of need, and without prior notice, Carrier may take action to be substituted by other carriers or to change the aircraft/ flight equipment, and it shall also be entitled to alter or omit stopovers signalled on the ticket if need be. Itineraries shall be subject to change without previous notice. Carrier shall not assume liability in terms of guaranteeing connections.
Basically the have committed themselves to getting you from SCL to GYE with reasonable punctuality. Exact timings and even routing/stopovers can be flexed. So unlike on BA and most others, you can't force them to put you in any available revenue seat. Ouch!

Even BA's offer of a refund seems to be at their discretion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.