Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access at LHR-T5 for Priority Pass member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at LHR-T5 for Priority Pass member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by where2travel
Really? Without lounge access, I don't find it all that nice (unless you like higher-end shopping, there's not much there if you don't) and it's definitely not relaxing.
I find this surprising. You don't need to go shopping you can relax at any one of the many eateries in T5 - Plane Food, Wagamama, Giraffe, the pub (whose name I've forgotten) or any one of the many coffee bars - Starbucks, Pret or Eat - or bagel bars, etc.

Far more places to relax than many terminals I've been in around the world.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I find this surprising. You don't need to go shopping you can relax at any one of the many eateries in T5 - Plane Food, Wagamama, Giraffe, the pub (whose name I've forgotten) or any one of the many coffee bars - Starbucks, Pret or Eat - or bagel bars, etc.

Very true. I have a PP which comes with my Amex but am rarely able to use it. On those occasions I'm not flying Club/First or OW, it's usually in some pokey little domestic terminal in the US or Brazil and there's no PP lounge, or indeed any lounge at all. You're lucky if you can find Precious at her formica counter and a hard bench to eat your paper-cup of coffee and muffin on.

Yes, of course I'd like to be in a nice lounge if there is one, but some people seem to break out in a cold sweat if they don't have lounge access - something I really don't understand. Being stuck with a 30" seat pitch for 3 hours, however, I do get scared of.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl

Yes, I know what you mean - I think the fact it's a bit too much like a reasonably upmarket suburban shopping mall is what depresses me about T5. A few posh shops, a couple of electrical stores and a load of high-street eateries.

I picked up on it because "nice" and "relaxing" aren't my first thoughts of T5. At the same time, I acknowledge there are more facilities here than some other airports. There aren't many airport terminals I enjoy spending time in (outside a lounge anyway) but T5 is so new there is more of a feeling of disappointment somehow. However, I certainly dread spending time in many US airport terminals with typically terrible food and shopping options, although they often have more areas to sit and relax.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:58 pm
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi,
Having now realised we can't use our PP at T5 next week, can anyone recommend a pub/bar in T5 which does a good Bloody Mary?
Thanking you all
Lady1964 x
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:42 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
Being stuck with a 30" seat pitch for 3 hours, however, I do get scared of.
Try Thomson's 28" 757s!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Internaut
it looks like T5 lounges have an exception that restricts lounge access to 2 hours before the flight (there's a thread I started on the QF forum but no consensus on how to interpret the wording ).
If you have lounge access, then you can enter them any time on day of departure (from 05:00 for the North lounge and from 05:30 for the South and T5B lounges).
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:27 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1
If you have lounge access, then you can enter them any time on day of departure (from 05:00 for the North lounge and from 05:30 for the South and T5B lounges).
Internaut is referring to the rules behind Qantas Club
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Internaut is referring to the rules behind Qantas Club
And highly ambiguous rules (or very carefully worded rules, depending on your perspective) at that. This is the second time I've purchased a Qantas Club card and I wasn't impressed with the weasel wording the first time around. Why is plain English so hard?

Anyway, I'm happy that I was properly diligent before entering my credit card number (i.e. a refund can be extracted if I find myself unhappy) and await tomorrow with utmost interest ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.