Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access at LHR-T5 for Priority Pass member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:34 am
NFH
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hilton gold, Marriott gold, IHG plat, Meli gold, Radisson gold, Hyatt disc, AmexPlat

If a Priority Pass member is flying BA from LHR T5 in economy, is there any way to get lounge access? I'm thinking maybe an airside transfer to T3 and then back again, as I suspect it's impossible to go through T3 security with a T5 boarding pass. Any ideas would be appreciated, as a friend is in this scenario this evening.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by nfh
If a Priority Pass member is flying BA from LHR T5 in economy, is there any way to get lounge access? I'm thinking maybe an airside transfer to T3 and then back again, as I suspect it's impossible to go through T3 security with a T5 boarding pass. Any ideas would be appreciated, as a friend is in this scenario this evening.
I don't believe it is possible to transfer between terminals without a flight departure from the second terminal. There is no PP lounge in T5 so I believe the answer is no.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:11 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
There is no way to gain lounge access at T5 as a PP holder, nor is it possible to pop over to another terminal for lounge access.

bjorns
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Don't worry - T5 is a nice terminal to relax in
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:49 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
..if you like expensive shopping.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
They are losing business as a result - if I'm doing domestic without a J connection, I tend to fly BD or fly from LGW or LCY instead (I know LCY doesn't have a lounge either, but it's also a lot less hassle than LHR).
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
I have used my Priority Pass to access the Air Canada arrivals lounge (Landside) at T3, and then gone over to T5 to take a flight before. They weren't keen on it, but they still let me in. Just an idea anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dnajockey
Don't worry - T5 is a nice terminal to relax in
Really? Without lounge access, I don't find it all that nice (unless you like higher-end shopping, there's not much there if you don't) and it's definitely not relaxing.

Having said, that I would say the same about most airport terminals although there are certainly a few that could be described as nice and/or relaxing. Changi is probably both.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Hmmm - well now I'm silver I don't hang out in the terminal any more but I thought giraffe and plane food for dining and then round the end corners were pleasant enough. Most of my travel is not during busy times though so maybe that influenced my view.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:27 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jenbel
They are losing business as a result - if I'm doing domestic without a J connection, I tend to fly BD or fly from LGW or LCY instead (I know LCY doesn't have a lounge either, but it's also a lot less hassle than LHR).
Although, on LHR-GLA we don't have much choice anymore!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I've just bought a Qantas Club card so I could access the lounges at MAN and LHR T5. However, from the literature that comes with it, it looks like T5 lounges have an exception that restricts lounge access to 2 hours before the flight (there's a thread I started on the QF forum but no consensus on how to interpret the wording ).
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I used to be of that opinion but after trying T5 loungeless I agree with those that say it's not a bad place to wait. There's a decent range of places to eat and the terminal is light and airy. Certainly a lot nicer place to wait than T3 which is a depressing place up until the point you reach the lounge.

Originally Posted by PeteTheBrit
I have used my Priority Pass to access the Air Canada arrivals lounge (Landside) at T3, and then gone over to T5 to take a flight before. They weren't keen on it, but they still let me in. Just an idea anyway.
Seems more hassle than it's worth, after leaving the lounge you need to get the HEX to T5, deal with security (remember conformance deadlines), etc. Also it says the following about the AC lounge on the Priority Pass website: "The Lounge is only accessible to passengers arriving from international flights in Terminal 3."
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
Originally Posted by layz
"The Lounge is only accessible to passengers arriving from international flights in Terminal 3."
It is a lot of hassle...but if you're stuck for hours...

That text wasn't there before, so it would seem that option is not available now.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by where2travel
Really? Without lounge access, I don't find it all that nice (unless you like higher-end shopping, there's not much there if you don't) and it's definitely not relaxing.
V-Bar is nice and often not that crowded. Draught beer, food and wifi, even power outlets to plug in your laptop ^ Almost like a small lounge but you of course have to pay for the services.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lobengula
V-Bar is nice and often not that crowded. Draught beer, food and wifi, even power outlets to plug in your laptop ^ Almost like a small lounge but you of course have to pay for the services.
That concept is alien to many on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.