Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian J class experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I thought I had some of my own but I can't find them. Anyway: this one is pretty good:

The seats are cradle seats like you used to find a lot on domestic F in the USA but very comfortable. The cabin has a real luxurious feel and the food and service are great. Lounge in AMM is nice but not a place to spend too much time in unless you can get one of the rooms. Great airline, RJ.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...r-amm-cmb.html
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I thought I had some of my own but I can't find them. Anyway: this one is pretty good:

The seats are cradle seats like you used to find a lot on domestic F in the USA but very comfortable. The cabin has a real luxurious feel and the food and service are great. Lounge in AMM is nice but not a place to spend too much time in unless you can get one of the rooms. Great airline, RJ.
looks pretty decent....thanks....
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:12 am
Suspended

I dont mind RJ in Crown Class at all but it is a slightly different experience. The service can be quite variable, but this is true for BA. The seats on the A330 are ok, they remind me somewhat of the slant LH seats though less spacious and without the large PTV, certainly no comparison to CX, BA, or even AA current business class seating. The meal service is much nicer than BA CW. The lounge in AMM is average, though it does have a pool table and basic alcohol available. Showers are 15 USD extra and dirty, there are hotel style bedrooms with shower available for a charge as well. In HKG of course the OW lounges are nice, RJ gates always seem close to the Qantas Club. It is an airline that does not feel nearly as polished as BA, however on the short-medium haul service RJ really shines (Europe to AMM and intra Middle East flights).
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by JohnnyUMF
The seats on the A330 are ok, they remind me somewhat of the slant LH seats though less spacious and without the large PTV, certainly no comparison to CX, BA, or even AA current business class seating.
I found them surprisingly comfortable for slanted seats. You don't slide down which makes a huge difference. Agree with the comparison though.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by henkybaby
I found them surprisingly comfortable for slanted seats. You don't slide down which makes a huge difference. Agree with the comparison though.
I agree...they are surprisingly comfortable even though they are slated.

Also, in terms of original questions, AMM is a very easy to transfer, it is quite a small airport, though it is clearly in need of updates, RJ lounge is by far the nicest part.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
I agree...they are surprisingly comfortable even though they are slated.

Also, in terms of original questions, AMM is a very easy to transfer, it is quite a small airport, though it is clearly in need of updates, RJ lounge is by far the nicest part.
A word of warning though.

RJ will not honour seat researvations. if some z list royal turns up, you'll be moved, and there'll be invols back to y if needed. There's a reason they are cheap.

Experienced this shift shifting once. Whatever your OW staus means nothing to them. You pay your money, take your choice.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, HH Diamond & some others
On Tuesday was on the AMM-CDG service, A320 in Crown Class.

Seat is as described in the pictures posted above (most leg room Row 1, DEF side). Big, quality feel, motorised - certainly stacks better than a US Domestic First and better than bmi's (now back to BA's) 'old club world cradle' seats on their AMM-LHR A321 route - although recline not as far. IFE is much better, good choice, decent headphones, big screen. Food service is via trolley, good variety of choices and good quality as well. Drinks were OK, I thought limited spirits choice and wines were distinctly average. Service from crew was great, helped by there being only 4 in the business cabin - as usual with RJ the female cabin attendant did all the work - fast, charming and graceful - whilst the male cabin crew did nothing and bordered on surly (and no that was not the 'security' presence). My only criticism being too many flies on board - they had left the door open too long on the tarmac - I killed off 5 by the time the flight had ended!

All in all, RJ Crown Class for mid-haul is a good product, better than others and for me is preferable to European carriers products on this route length. That will probably change once BA introduce fully flat on the A321 routes, although they have re-timed the service come the winter timetable and a 1am Amman arrival and 3am departure are no good at all for me!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
The cabin looks bright, airy and spacious.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The seat from cdg to amm is fine for 4 hrs,you wouldn't like it for much longer.
The lie flats on the a330 are good,I didn't slide at all.
The ife is very good.

The food is outstanding,but I'd agree about the flies getting in on the tarmac in amm,they shouldn't let that happen.
As for the amm lounge,it gets very crowded with loads of kids.
Those TVs that you can sit in a mini cubicle to watch...most are broken..probably because as I saw myself,the kids are let loose on them.
If you find one working though,there's a few good channels plus anytime movies for free.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Earthman
The seat from cdg to amm is fine for 4 hrs,you wouldn't like it for much longer.
The lie flats on the a330 are good,I didn't slide at all.
The ife is very good.

The food is outstanding,but I'd agree about the flies getting in on the tarmac in amm,they shouldn't let that happen.
As for the amm lounge,it gets very crowded with loads of kids.
Those TVs that you can sit in a mini cubicle to watch...most are broken..probably because as I saw myself,the kids are let loose on them.
If you find one working though,there's a few good channels plus anytime movies for free.
I agree with this assessment, but I am suprised you find the IFE very good?

Also, compared to BA CW, even prior generations this seat does not match, although it is fine.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
RJ Business class seats on the A340 are the best J class seats in the aviation industry ^
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Question

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
RJ Business class seats on the A340 are the best J class seats in the aviation industry ^
no they are not, not even by any standard...any.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
no they are not, not even by any standard...any.
Forget about service standard. I am talking about the seat only on the A340.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Question

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Forget about service standard. I am talking about the seat only on the A340.

look at the j class seats on most m.e and asian carriers...

not to mention most european carriers and even american carriers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.