Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Fleet Is All About YOU, customers.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
LYS was my favourite trip, top bid.

Enjoy it.
I do love Lyon. I used to go there a lot in a past life. You're definitely welcome to pop along, especially if you write us a lovely Trip Report.

Lovely to hear all about your positive feedback by the way folks, long may it continue!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lite
Lovely to hear all about your positive feedback by the way folks, long may it continue!
I'm hoping to bring some positive feedback after my flight. It's my first flight in F as well, so I'm really hoping for a great flight.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I do love Lyon. I used to go there a lot in a past life. You're definitely welcome to pop along, especially if you write us a lovely Trip Report.
Oh no... I am going to be all trip reported out this year... October/November is fast approaching (well, in my world it is...) and TR preparation has already started.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:39 pm
No5

Yes, LYS and TLS came over to us on Mixed Fleet yesterday and BOS will be coming at the beginning of April. We have heard that we may be losing PHX this summer, but until it's in black and white, I'll wait and see! Maybe see you in June, martin!
PHX has been rumoured to be given back to WW for months I hear.

Many crew on WW will be pleased if it's true. I know of several friends who was sad to see it go to MF. It was one of the most favourable and sociable trips ranging from 4 to 6 days long. Lots of spare time to go sightseeing in Grand Canyon, go sky diving or driving down to Las Vegas.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Last week I had the somewhat dubious pleasure of visiting ARD, ABZ and MAN in the space of four days. I managed to get a mix of CE, SAS Y+ and ET (uk domestic).

LHR to ARD,CE, EF CC - great purser onboard who set the tone for the flight. Rest of the crew followed her lead, flight was delayed and she used her iPad to go around every one with connections to discuss. Very cheery service in CE and felt very welcoming.

ARD to LHR, SAS Y+ - couldn't really work y+ out, you sit in the biz cabin but not in the first row. Food seemed to be the same. Anyway, service was good, one CC in particular was on top of her game completely. Food was also pretty nice, better than BA I would say though legroom was appalling (738 plane)

LHR to MAN, uk domestic, MF - young crew but led by an excellent CSM(?). He managed a quick but very professional service. Pretty slick

MAN to LHR, uk domestic, MF - surprisingly the best crew of the week. I was sat in 1c so got a chance to see most of what the CSM was doing, plus the captain wanted a sharpish exit out of MAN as snow was inbound. She managed the crew brilliantly and delivered a great service.

So, MF has always(to me at least) been energised crew but not as slick as WW. The two crews I had to MAN were excellent, energised and professional. Are MF now getting the experience they needed to be really slick?

Last edited by stueys; Feb 11, 2012 at 2:36 pm Reason: Corrected
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Originally Posted by stueys
Last week I had the somewhat dubious pleasure of visiting ARD, ABZ and MAN in the space of four days. I managed to get a mix of CE, SAS Y+ and ET (uk domestic).

LHR to ARD,CE, WW CC - great purser onboard who set the tone for the flight. Rest of the crew followed her lead, flight was delayed and she used her iPad to go around every one with connections to discuss. Very cheery service in CE and felt very welcoming.

ARD to LHR, SAS Y+ - couldn't really work y+ out, you sit in the biz cabin but not in the first row. Food seemed to be the same. Anyway, service was good, one CC in particular was on top of her game completely. Food was also pretty nice, better than BA I would say though legroom was appalling (738 plane)

LHR to MAN, uk domestic, MF - young crew but led by an excellent CSM(?). He managed a quick but very professional service. Pretty slick

MAN to LHR, uk domestic, MF - surprisingly the best crew of the week. I was sat in 1c so got a chance to see most of what the CSM was doing, plus the captain wanted a sharpish exit out of MAN as snow was inbound. She managed the crew brilliantly and delivered a great service.

So, MF has always(to me at least) been energised crew but not as slick as WW. The two crews I had to MAN were excellent, energised and professional. Are MF now getting the experience they needed to be really slick?
Great that you had good crews all round and that your Mixed Fleet crews were good.

Just a little thing though, you were being served by E/F crew, WW crew only fly on Longhaul flights but I think we all understood what you meant. Were you flying from ARN? Not sure where ARD is.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Great that you had good crews all round and that your Mixed Fleet crews were good.

Just a little thing though, you were being served by E/F crew, WW crew only fly on Longhaul flights but I think we all understood what you meant. Were you flying from ARN? Not sure where ARD is.
Thanks for the correction. And yes, ARN, at some point I'll actually make apple autocorrect work.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.