Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do BA own T5 lounges? Observing lounge staff

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do BA own T5 lounges? Observing lounge staff

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
and you all have just continued the argument you were having over two years ago!!

Just found that amusing
Just like a good friend...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Just like a good friend...
Or a gaggle of old fish wives... You decide...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thank you BBB for the information.

I think the steam ovens must be the key, also as you said moving from the container! I have not had any dry pasta in CE in the last 2-3 years at least, yet I had the most over-cooked and dried up pasta I have ever encountered in CW.
The ones on shorthaul are made by the catering company Do & Co. Although we are catered on Shorthaul by DHL in conjunction with 2 Sisters, the hot elements in CE are produced by Do & Co who are by far the best catering company that I know of in the world.

The ones on longhaul are prepared by Gate Gourmet a completely different caterer.

I personally don't think it is to do with the ovens as the 767 has similar ovens to the worldwide fleet overs ( all boeings) and they don't have steam ovens and the CE food on the 767 is great too.

I think it has more to do with the fact that CE food is made by a different company and also as BBB says, it gets gently tipped into the dish, rather than having a squashed look!!

Last edited by Littlegirl; Jun 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
The ones on shorthaul are made by the catering company Do & Co. Although we are catered on Shorthaul by DHL in conjunction with Two Sisters, the hot elements in CE are produced by Do & Co who are by far the best catering company that I know of in the world.

The ones on longhaul are prepared by Gate Gourmet a completely different caterer.

I personally don't think it is to do with the ovens as the 767 has similar ovens to the worldwide fleet overs ( all boeings) and they don't have steam ovens and the CE food on the 767 is great too.

I think it has more to do with the fact that CE food is made by a different company and also as BBB says, it gets gently tipped into the dish, rather than having a squashed look!!
Ha ha ha... I nearly just fell off my bed in New York... "Gently"? she says...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The ones on shorthaul are made by the catering company Do & Co. Although we are catered on Shorthaul by DHL in conjunction with Two Sisters, the hot elements in CE are produced by Do & Co who are by far the best catering company that I know of in the world.
Aha, did they change from Northern Food to Do&Co or are they the same, as in is the UK operation of Do&Co run by Northern Food, or Do&Co gets NF to manufacture their food? Either way I'm happy with the CE food in any case, with the exception of the afternoon tea sandwiches to/from LHR - just not enough!

I noticed the CE puddings had Do&Co branding on quite a few flights so I was wondering about Do&Co - I had become quite fond of them a few years ago on Austrian flights. I think some of their aeroplanes even have a plaque about their business class catering being supplied by Do&Co.

The main difference I have noticed between CE and CW is the dryness of the food though, hence wondering about the oven (I think I've only ever been on a BA 767 once). Effectively all of my BA short haul flights are on Airbus now. Come to think of it, I have had really dry food on a 737 from LGW too - that was a kedgeree.

(Oops, I have managed to hijack the thread... )
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Ha ha ha... I nearly just fell off my bed in New York... "Gently"? she says...
OK, I might be 'gilding the lily' a bit! I do try and be gentle though!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:52 pm

Aha, did they change from Northern Food to Do&Co or are they the same, as in is the UK operation of Do&Co run by Northern Food, or Do&Co gets NF to manufacture their food? Either way I'm happy with the CE food in any case, with the exception of the afternoon tea sandwiches to/from LHR - just not enough!

I noticed the CE puddings had Do&Co branding on quite a few flights so I was wondering about Do&Co - I had become quite fond of them a few years ago on Austrian flights. I think some of their aeroplanes even have a plaque about their business class catering being supplied by Do&Co.

The main difference I have noticed between CE and CW is the dryness of the food though, hence wondering about the oven (I think I've only ever been on a BA 767 once). Effectively all of my BA short haul flights are on Airbus now. Come to think of it, I have had really dry food on a 737 from LGW too - that was a kedgeree.

(Oops, I have managed to hijack the thread... )
No, Norther Food are now called Two Sisters because the amalgamated with another company.

DHL and 2 Sisters provide our catering on E/F but they buy in certain products from the German caterer Do &Co. The bit that Do & co provide are in my personal opinion the best bits! Do & Co make the hot dishes in CE and the small deserts in CE.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:58 pm

No, Norther Food are now called Two Sisters because the amalgamated with another company.

DHL and Two Sisters provide our catering on E/F but they buy in certain products from the German caterer Do &Co. The bit that Do & co provide are in my personal opinion the best bits! Do & Co make the hot dishes in CE and the small deserts in CE.
Thanks, now it all makes sense! I had no idea that NF are now called Two Sisters. I also now see why all the hot dishes are really nice in CE, and also not boring. I just wish those small pots of puddings (esp the mousse pot things) were a bit bigger because I really like them.

Speaking of food some people are saying that there has been a big improvement in salads on short short-haul flights as well. I'm looking forward to my next short SH.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:12 pm

Thanks, now it all makes sense! I had no idea that NF are now called Two Sisters. I also now see why all the hot dishes are really nice in CE, and also not boring. I just wish those small pots of puddings (esp the mousse pot things) were a bit bigger because I really like them.

Speaking of food some people are saying that there has been a big improvement in salads on short short-haul flights as well. I'm looking forward to my next short SH.
Yes I love those deserts too!

Yes there are some really nice salads in CE now. I think the food on short haul is really good all round now.

I know that BA are in the process of a big review of all catering on all the fleets, so I hope they keep the good and improve the areas where we are not so good.

Fingers crossed
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:18 pm

I know that BA are in the process of a big review of all catering on all the fleets, so I hope they keep the good and improve the areas where we are not so good.
Based on the conversation I had at the Taste of London with the BA catering guy, it sounds really promising. Besides the Olympics menu dishes were really lovely and I suspect very difficult to overcook/heat because of the beef having been braised. I had a chance to talk to Simon Hulstone also at the Taste of London and he said that was what they tried to achieve. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm looking forward to my hot dish and the salad on Monday (I'm doing a dog leg via LHR, so I get to have two CE meals in a day).
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:28 pm

Based on the conversation I had at the Taste of London with the BA catering guy, it sounds really promising. Besides the Olympics menu dishes were really lovely and I suspect very difficult to overcook/heat because of the beef having been braised. I had a chance to talk to Simon Hulstone also at the Taste of London and he said that was what they tried to achieve. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm looking forward to my hot dish and the salad on Monday (I'm doing a dog leg via LHR, so I get to have two CE meals in a day).
Hope you enjoy them both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.