Wiki Posts
Search

The lounge meet up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:48 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Are Silvers not good enough for you?

But either way, Silver or Gold, it's not going to do you much good, since you can only guest people who are flying BA or OneWorld. I think you are confusing the Gold 'open doors' benefit, that only applies to the Gold card holder him/herself.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by The Saint
Even if there were any GCHs at LGW they wouldn't be able to get you into a lounge because you aren't travelling on BA.
Oh - I forgot - of course, it is only GCHs who can enter when flying any airline. Will just have to slum it.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by badoc
Oh - I forgot - of course, it is only GCHs who can enter when flying any airline. Will just have to slum it.
If you had a few hours there and/or you needed to use the lounge then you could buy a single to JER for £91 (BA8049) and just do a no-show.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If there are any young stunning female Gold card holders due at T5 on the 30th September around lunch time then I shall be only too pleased to accompany you to the F lounge. We can share a glass or two of Champagne and have some intelligent conversation.
However, I should warn you that my wife won't be as pleased to see you as I will.
I'll see you there. You describe me to a "T" . I did not know you drank Champagne - you've been quite rude about me drinking it in the past (along with the gin.)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:14 am

You seem to have skipped the word "young" in my post Stez.
You seem to want to play with fire HIDDY.

Stetz Arise Sir Stetz MUCCI Slayer of Monsters!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:27 am

Can I take this opportunity to tell you all something. my friend Paul Palmer was coming home from IST the other day and he was going through Passport when he was asked by a gentleman behind him if he was standing in the correct queue (one is for Turkish nationals - the other for everyone else). Paul had noticed this man having to look at his boarding pass very close to his face. Although this man had enough sight in order to manage without a white stick he only had limited sight and was - as Paul found out later - going totally blid through a genetic disorder.

Paul asked him if he was in Club Class - and the gentleman replied that no he wasn't. Paul asked him if he would like to be his guest in the lounge (Paul was in CE but is also Gold (Silver would have done)). The man was delighted and proved a most congenial companion. He was able to read or listen to his PC as he could plug it to it. Paul walked him to the gate - he would managed but it made his life that much easier. It's amazing the things that we take for granted sometimes - isn't it. Paul said that the pleasure in that man's face was more than enough reward. He would never have posted this here but he mentioned this today, and I thought that it was not inappropriate to pass it on.

I tell you this (with Paul's permission) as may I suggest that if you see anyone who is a bit handicapped or even elderly.- maybe you could guest them. Clearly you cannot go up to complete strangers but you do encounter people in queues. What to a lot of us is pleasant could be something that the other person would never forget. We do fall into conversation with so many people - it has certainly made me think.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
my friend Paul Palmer
What an absolute gent. ^^
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:41 am

I tell you this (with Paul's permission) as may I suggest that if you see anyone who is a bit handicapped or even elderly.- maybe you could guest them. Clearly you cannot go up to complete strangers but you do encounter people in queues. What to a lot of us is pleasant could be something that the other person would never forget. We do fall into conversation with so many people - it has certainly made me think.
It's a fantastic way to meet new people too ^

Also at the bottom of the escalators to the south lounges is a holding pen for those being shuffled around in wheelchairs and motorised vehicles. How nice it would be to invite someone up to lounge instead of them sitting there for an hour or so. Also the nice people from Omniserve will collect your new friend from the lounge.

Elites should unite and adopt a passenger, pass on a smile.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
If there are any young stunning female Gold card holders due at T5 on the 30th September around lunch time then I shall be only too pleased to accompany you to the F lounge.
Lunch time?! Your Euro Traveller BA LHR-FRA flight doesn't depart until 1535hrs - how much free BA champagne were you planning to plunder after more than 15 months without even setting foot on a BA flight?

At least by sponging from others at LHR you're able to afford your FRA-EZE Lufthansa First experience a few days later.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Lunch time?! Your Euro Traveller BA LHR-FRA flight doesn't depart until 1535hrs - how much free BA champagne were you planning to plunder after more than 15 months without even setting foot on a BA flight?

At least by sponging from others at LHR you're able to afford your FRA-EZE Lufthansa First experience a few days later.
You're in a hell of a mood today....what's up with you? Do you give the missus her monthly housekeeping allowance on the 18th of every month by any chance?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
What to a lot of us is pleasant ...
Quite. Am sat in a plastic chair in LGW North with only 31 minutes of laptop power left so will have to resort to either...

a) paying for a drink somewhere

or

b) sitting on the grubby floor next to the vending machines to get to a plug

Both fairly hideous. We forget how lucky we are sometimes.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by badoc
Quite. Am sat in a plastic chair in LGW North with only 31 minutes of laptop power left so will have to resort to either...

a) paying for a drink somewhere

or

b) sitting on the grubby floor next to the vending machines to get to a plug

Both fairly hideous. We forget how lucky we are sometimes.
Luxury! I remember having to 'elegantly' stand on chairs in Houston once to reach a plug about 10ft off the ground...not high enough to deter me!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:01 pm

Was kindly 'guested' today by DS7, had a few hours to kill at a busy T5 and it was made enjoyable by my visit to the lounge. When i hopefully become silver next year ill be sure to return the favour.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:25 pm

Offer is still open for 2 invitations to T5 Concorde lounge on Tuesday 24th. I will be arriving to First check-in between 6.30 - 7.00 a.m. for 09.40 flight.

Returning in First on 31st August from Miami - we will check in at approx 18.30 p.m. As BA lounge is not open at Miami, if it is permitted to guest into the AA lounge, same offer is up for grabs.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: not a lot
Quick question, is is acceptable to PM someone asking to be guested into a lounge based on the ba97 calender. I PM'd someone once a while back asking about being guested into the lounge but never got a PM back. I see a couple of people flying from LHR on Friday afternoon around about's the same time as me but don't want to annoy people if it's not the done thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.