Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LUX-LGW - Can I bring a tart in my hand luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUX-LGW - Can I bring a tart in my hand luggage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Tarts must be shared with the crew also, although unless you're an EK F suite of something like that they may all need to use one of the toilets for their activities. The tart might become tired with the entire process, but maybe not since all the crew might not be so inclined...

If the tart is so flexible to fit into the carryon it probably would not discomfit her. Has she won Olympic medals? If so, for what?

She still must have travel documents in order, carryon or not.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:18 am
G*G

This is one of those situations where international (or national, for that matter) security restrictions is oh, so beautifully inconsistent.

As in the post above - this is hit and miss and completely up to whatever local 'rules' go - or the mood of whomever you encounter on the day.

Was robbed of two jars of chocolate spread (my nephew is an addict) recently, through an airport where a good 20 of the exact same jar has passed through over the last 12 months. Ridiculous - and nothing to do with safety.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:26 am

Jimbob,

Just wondering when you're flying? PM me if you like. "Someone" might be able to find a good stowage for the tart
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold
Im flying in an hour!

I played it safe with some macaroons.

The girl at security told me it is fine for me to bring my tart next time, but it must not be creamed on.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:13 am

What a shame, I'm not on that one, unfortunatly. Enjoy the maccarons (sp?) and best of luck with the non-creamy tart next time.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by where next
have taken a complete 'chesse cake factory' cheesecake on board before coming back from SFO, so you should have no problem. be prepared to share with the crew though
As have I, many many times. TSA don't blink an eyelid at it.

I should think a tart will be OK, but as the others have said you're at the mercy of those friendly security chaps and chapesses.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
As have I, many many times. TSA don't blink an eyelid at it.

I should think a tart will be OK, but as the others have said you're at the mercy of those friendly security chaps and chapesses.
Depends upon how hungry the security staff are I suppose
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
I take it that you are not a great fan of cervelle d'agneau or tripes a la mode de Caen either, then? Love the stuff, although somewhat difficult to source these days (cervelle d'agneau, I mean).
Er, that would definitely be a no!

However, I was in China recently, eating meals where I had absolutely no idea what food was being brought out. I dread to think what I unknowingly ate.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilko1
I knew this thread was going to be fun as soon as I clicked on it...
I don't understand it
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jimbob247
Im flying in an hour!

I played it safe with some macaroons.

The girl at security told me it is fine for me to bring my tart next time, but it must not be creamed on.
saw the thread too late...I can confirm that LUX-LGW is a route where a tart may easily travel.

Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by NickB
That clearly is the kind of thing on which you are at the mercy of security staff. The ban extends to all items of a consistency similar to liquids, gels or pastes.

Coming back from a French airport, I was advised that andouillettes were, strictly speaking, not allowed but they let me through nonetheless. If andouillettes are not allowed, I would have thought that, a fortiori, tarts would not be allowed (unless you tart is rock solid), although, ultimately, the security staff may be more understanding.. A (dry-ish) cake, OTOH, would be more likely to fall on the right side of the divide.
Andouillette. A favourite food and almost a human right to be able to transport it ^
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:56 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
The only mystery to me is how Hiddy hasn't spotted this thread yet and added some helpful suggestion that involves a certain Mrs Pucci
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
You will never get BBB to fit in your hand luggage
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Jimbob247
but it [the tart] must not be creamed on.
but that's the best bit!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:59 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
The only mystery to me is how Hiddy hasn't spotted this thread yet and added some helpful suggestion that involves a certain Mrs Pucci
Its Ms Pucci - or Her Highness to you , Dear! The only mystery to me is that someone with the propensities to stir as you clearly demonstrate has got this far in life and still manages to live and breathe. I will confess that I thought that the temptation would prove too much, but realised that it was St Patrick's day (God the Americans are more into it than the Irish if that is possible - the din in this hotel had me out laying down the law at 2.00am llking like Jordan on a good night.) so he is probably still sleeping it off in some ditch waiting for his Mrs to go to work so that he can crawl back in!

NickB and Johnny5A - you are both now Mucci Gold Class for gastronomis taste. I did not expect to find such delicacies mentioned in a thread about handling tarts.

Me? I have brought choucroutte garnie from my favourite street market (Rue Monceau), Foie Gras, Munster cheese, Cantal Fermier, Saucisses de Toulouse and Strasbourg, Andouillette (and Andouille from a little Charcuterie that I know) - Cervelles d'Agneau are hard to obtain and fiddly to prepare but I have a little Boucher who takes care of that. Charantais melons usually get a special check - but at least all the above are recognised and understood for taste and compliance by the security staff at CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.