Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BP: GGG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by alexwuk
I still remember in 04/05 when flights on AA would occasionally print a huge "SSSS" on your BP, and mysteriously you'd be given a thorough search... if you fly 100 times a year (or in that case: 20 times that week), you don't need to be a rocket scientist to hand all your possessions to your friends just before security once you see "SSSS" on your BP.
The SSSS system used to single out UK passport holders, among others -courtesy of the infamous Richard Reid and his friends probably.

Happened to me several times. Group of people with UK passports and other European passports travelling together: the UK passport holders would all get SSSS each time, while none of the others would, not even once.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ag51
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

if I was trying to smuggle something through security and saw this on my BP I would have just not bothered, defeating the point if it.
Or to play devil's advocate, arguably proving its worth, as it successfully prevented you from boarding with your weapon/bomb/bottle of water!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.