Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
3 class 777 - seating alignment query?

Hi all,

On the 3 class LHR 777, is the middle row of 4 seats aligned with the window pairs? I am currently in 2J and my travelling companion is in 2G. Are we 'next' to each other or will his row be further forward than mine, making it difficult to chat?

The BA seat map shows the seats as aligned but Seat Guru shows the middle 4 seats slightly forward of the window pairs so I'm not sure which to trust. I havent flown on the three class config before.

Any help gratefully received ^
Old May 31, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by LaydeeSarah
Hi all,

On the 3 class LHR 777, is the middle row of 4 seats aligned with the window pairs? I am currently in 2J and my travelling companion is in 2G. Are we 'next' to each other or will his row be further forward than mine, making it difficult to chat?

The BA seat map shows the seats as aligned but Seat Guru shows the middle 4 seats slightly forward of the window pairs so I'm not sure which to trust. I havent flown on the three class config before.

Any help gratefully received ^
Hi

From what I recall the middle sets of 4 seats are slightly further forward and run from rows 1-4. The pairs at either side run 2-5.
Old May 31, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
It would probably be better to move him to 1G, which is closer to 2J. In 2G, having a chat may be difficult!
Old May 31, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks both for the responses. 2K is occupied so might do as suggested and shift him to row 1. ^
Old May 31, 2011, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by duncas
Hi
From what I recall the middle sets of 4 seats are slightly further forward and run from rows 1-4. The pairs at either side run 2-5.
Flew in the 4-class 777 in 10G/10J recently ... 10J was a few inches [maybe 12?] further forward.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Off to Denver in J in a couple of months. Have not yet booked seats but I somehow remember reading somewhere that 2 of the window seats in CW do not actually have a window! Does anyone know which row these might be in?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
B777-300ER any rows without window?

I am travelling to NRT in CW later this month on the 77W, and was wondering if there are any rows that hasn't got a window?
Couldn't find any information here or anywhere else.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:32 pm

See this thread which suggests that row 5 may not have all its windows.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
10A definitely does not have a window immediately adjacent to the seat.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
See this thread which suggests that row 5 may not have all its windows.
This is a 4 class plane and CW seats run from rows 10-16. Row 5 is the last row on the 3 class. Can't find any info either re missing windows in the 77W cabin but library pics suggest towards the rear of the cabin there are 2 window blanks in the CW cabin.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by gordon0808
I am travelling to NRT in CW later this month on the 77W, and was wondering if there are any rows that hasn't got a window?
Couldn't find any information here or anywhere else.
See this earlier post...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15075525-post520.html

Window blank positions outlined in the post have since been confirmed
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:13 pm

Three Class LGW 777 question

Quick question from a CW virgin! I'm taking my first trip to Antigua with hubby and we do like to communicate occasionally! Looking at 4J/4K on the BA seat chooser they look really offset, like you can't even see each other. Is this the case or is it a bad sketch and in which case are they exactly the same layout as 3J/3K and 2J/2K?

I have posted a screenshot for clarification:

Thanks,

whirls

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 18, 2011 at 9:36 am Reason: Add subtitle - post migrated from 5 year old thread
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by whirls
Quick question from a CW virgin! I'm taking my first trip to Antigua with hubby and we do like to communicate occasionally! Looking at 4J/4K on the BA seat chooser they look really offset, like you can't even see each other. Is this the case or is it a bad sketch and in which case are they exactly the same layout as 3J/3K and 2J/2K?

I have posted a screenshot for clarification:

Thanks,

whirls

4AB/JK are positioned really weirdly on MMB, they are not actually like that on board the aircraft! The gap between 2AB/JK and 3AB/JK is the same size as the gap between 3AB/JK and 4AB/JK.

The seat map changes and shows this at OLCI. I am in 4A for my flights to/from ANU/PUJ in a few weeks time.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:10 am

Thanks for your reply mikey. Understand the gaps between the rows are not accurately drawn, but what about the pair of seats themselves? The 4J/K pair seem to be really offset from one another compared to say 3J/K:

If I don't bother to reserve the seats before check-in opens is there a chance that we won't be able to sit together at all? Just wondering if it's worth taking the chance and saving £240!

Originally Posted by mikey2124
I am in 4A for my flights to/from ANU/PUJ in a few weeks time.
Our flight is LGW to ANU on 29th July.

whirls
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by whirls
Thanks for your reply mikey. Understand the gaps between the rows are not accurately drawn, but what about the pair of seats themselves? The 4J/K pair seem to be really offset from one another compared to say 3J/K:

If I don't bother to reserve the seats before check-in opens is there a chance that we won't be able to sit together at all? Just wondering if it's worth taking the chance and saving £240!

Our flight is LGW to ANU on 29th July.

whirls
Bit of a coincidence, I am flying back on the BA2156 from PUJ on the 28th July!! Will be in LGW Terraces on the 29th July as I have to catch my LGW-JER flight home. I have flown this route before in all classes, and if I was you, I would pay to reserve seats!

Our flight out seems fairly quiet, seats reserved are 1EF,2DEFG, 10AB, 11AB and our selection, 2JK,3JK and 4K. Our flight back is full, with only 3J,4B,4J,10DEFG and 11FG not reserved! Glad we booked early in December and got a wide open seat map to choose from!

We do not like the middle pairs, but when travelling as a couple, 1EF,3EF and 11EF do not look like bad seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.