Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:54 pm

Do you prefer 3A+3K or 3A+4A on a 747? Travelling with wife.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
What is the cause of the cachet exactly?
Oh I don't know.. dig into your soul and release the inner child

It's like being first in a queue for something exciting. Or getting SEQ001 at checkin.

After many trips of being in 53E etc and boarding slowly in a mad scrum, there's something fleetingly satisfying about seeing 1A on your BP. It's no big deal - just think of it as a bit of a smile.

Do you think it's just random that there are plenty of posts from people keen to bag 1A? Even on a 777?

Like anything else, do it again and the novelty soon disappears. But let's not forget that for many people getting any seat number on a boarding pass is cause for excitement and even bragging rights!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by tentativetraveller
Do you prefer 3A+3K or 3A+4A on a 747? Travelling with wife.
3A

They are far apart on opposite sides of the cabin so you'd have to walk around the front of 4E/F to speak to each other.

Row 3 is actually my favoured row in the F cabin the times I have been there. I find it more private than row 2. YMMV.

As a couple I'd say 3A/4A if that's the only choice you have.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:07 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Oh I don't know.. dig into your soul and release the inner child

Do you think it's just random that there are plenty of posts from people keen to bag 1A? Even on a 777?
No, but that is why I'm asking. No one I can recall has ever actually explained.

The only explanation I can think of that explains it is that it is only available initially to higher status passengers and those desperate for it, wish therefore to be mistaken for one.

On both the 388 and 777 they seem to me not to be the best seats in the cabin and I would be disappointed if they were all that was left. Some like it on the 744. It is always 2K and 3K for us whichever variant.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
It's like being first in a queue for something exciting. Or getting SEQ001 at checkin.

After many trips of being in 53E etc and boarding slowly in a mad scrum, there's something fleetingly satisfying about seeing 1A on your BP. It's no big deal - just think of it as a bit of a smile.

Like anything else, do it again and the novelty soon disappears. But let's not forget that for many people getting any seat number on a boarding pass is cause for excitement and even bragging rights!
Originally Posted by uk1
No, but that is why I'm asking. No one I can recall has ever actually explained.

The only explanation I can think of that explains it is that it is only available initially to higher status passengers and those desperate for it, wish therefore to be mistaken for one.

On both the 388 and 777 they seem to me not to be the best seats in the cabin and I would be disappointed if they were all that was left. Some like it on the 744. It is always 2K and 3K for us whichever variant.
I don't think it is always the case for the 'bragging rights' to have 1A/K on their BP. Some just like the mostly forward view on a 747 or/and some folks just prefer to be right at the front of the cabin with no passengers in front of them.

OT but 1A on the QF A380 is incredibly private as only the A side passengers have access to that aisle the way the cabin is configured.

I'd certainly plump for that seat again purely for the reasons above if I am ever lucky enough to experience that again! I also never have my BP on show either, whatever cabin or seat I am in.

just my 2c worth. YMMV.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:07 pm

I wasn't trying to explain all the reasons people might like 1A.

I bet most people who get a kick out of snagging 1A don't even realise that it's only available to status pax and wish to be mistaken for one.

I agree that it's not the best seat on a 777 but unless you hang out here, you probably have to fly it first to figure that out. But even that is down to personal choice. Like I said up above, Mr W has chosen it for our next trip and I'm happy to hold it for him.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hilton diamond, Marriott titanium, IHG platinum
Seating Queries: First

1A on a 747, facing forward, is unique. And as the song says, you don't know what you've got till it's gone...
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by seat 13a
1A on a 747, facing forward, is unique.
Almost unique, 1K is pretty good as well....
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Corpt
Almost unique, 1K is pretty good as well....
1A beats 1K for those with MacBooks or other devices where the power cord plugs into the left of the machine
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS
Solo traveler LHR-ORD on 777

Recommendation for a solo traveler on a 777? Seats 1A and 1K are open. Is one better than the other? All other seats are open as well except anything in row 2. Reviews seem mixed on 1A/K. Am I better off choosing something in row 3?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by atomic3
Recommendation for a solo traveler on a 777? Seats 1A and 1K are open. Is one better than the other? All other seats are open as well except anything in row 2. Reviews seem mixed on 1A/K. Am I better off choosing something in row 3?
Call me old fashioned but 1A is my favourite on that configuration. I don't mind the galley, there are no passengers in front and the power socket is on the appropriate side for my Mac.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS
Originally Posted by golfmad
Call me old fashioned but 1A is my favourite on that configuration. I don't mind the galley, there are no passengers in front and the power socket is on the appropriate side for my Mac.
Any other benefits of 1A over 1K (my current assignment)? Less noise, or foot traffic? No Macbook for me. I'm also right handed, FYI.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:49 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by atomic3
Any other benefits of 1A over 1K (my current assignment)? Less noise, or foot traffic? No Macbook for me. I'm also right handed, FYI.
1K so the side table is to your right. I also think that the right side has less foot traffic.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Hi. Have managed to bag myself four (yes four!) awards seats LHR-BOM in August (probably due to season) in First.

What would people's suggestion be for seating outbound and inbound is 777 and I have booked 2,3,4 in K and 2F. Travelling is my wife and I. My dad and my sister. I am sitting opposite my wife.

Many thanks.
Bump! Anyone help me with my query?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Bump! Anyone help me with my query?
Why not take four seats across? Row 1 would be my first suggestion although you'll not get that on Aug 1 as I'm in 1A

Row 4 would be good as well. You and your wife in the middle two. Other two in the windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.