Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by holocker
Which would be the best first class seats on the 777 for a couple flying together. My wife tends to sleep more than me so would we be better off in two middle seats or single seats near the window.

This is for a flight next May from LHR-ORD I just booked using AA miles. My first and maybe last time in international first class.
If you're planning on sleeping as much as possible, then it really does not matter.

As others have said, there is no wrong choice really, you have the buddy seat if you want to chat, otherwise, on the 777 no seats are really all that conducive to sharing the experience. If I were you I'd pick 2k and 2f.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I would go for two windows, one behind the other. That way you can both enjoy the windows. If you want to talk, that is what the buddy seat is for.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Similar situation to myself with my partners first F on a 777 next April. Gone for 2 E/F in the middle so I can watch the smirk on her face as everything is laid out in front of her.

She hasn't even been in J before so it'll be pretty funny to watch.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:00 am

I flew 2EF wth Mrs Lem for her first First - was great!

The buddy seat is an excellent size on the 777 too - certainly much better than the 747
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'd also recommend avoiding row 1 on a 777 - not clear why these are reserved for Golds as they're worse than middle rows due to galley disturbance.

No bad seats really - you have the buddy seat for chatting. You are so enclosed that you can't really chat seat to seat unless you're in a middle pair.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I'd also recommend avoiding row 1 on a 777 - not clear why these are reserved for Golds as they're worse than middle rows due to galley disturbance
Ego?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Ego?
That's the only reason why I'd sit in one
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Similar situation to myself with my partners first F on a 777 next April. Gone for 2 E/F in the middle so I can watch the smirk on her face as everything is laid out in front of her.

She hasn't even been in J before so it'll be pretty funny to watch.
I'd deffo use the buddy seat if I were you, no need to lean forward to see the smirk AND its a novelty in itself
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
We always choose 2K and 3K for a Window Seat each. These seats do feel more spacious looking out the window. The middle seats always looked less spacious to me.
Left-handers go for the A seats.

The window seats are angled towards the window so you are slightly protected from aisle traffic. The middle seats are face forwards and is fully exposured to aisle traffic.

Windows seats just mean that you cannot hold hands while the seat-belts signs are on. Unless you have a need to chat to your partner constantly, there really is no need to go for the middle seats.

There is the buddy seat if you wish to dine facing each other wherever you sit.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Thanks guys, just changed to 2 and 3 K!
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Does anyone know what 747s are used on the Delhi/Mumbai routes? Only just found out that Old First still exists

Edit: just found it on the Tracking New First thread. Fk a duck
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by globalste
Does anyone know what 747s are used on the Delhi/Mumbai routes? Only just found out that Old First still exists

Edit: just found it on the Tracking New First thread. Fk a duck
http://ftdashboard.net/dest/del.htm
http://ftdashboard.net/dest/bom.htm
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Cheers nux, it's showing as a 747 on seat selection, going in January (forgot to mention that bit)

Had a look on the BA Source and they are usually a 777-200er to Delhi and a 77-300er from Mumbai for our flight numbers. What rotten luck if we end up on 2 mid-J 747s

Last edited by globalste; Oct 10, 2013 at 11:10 am
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:47 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
1A is not just reserved for BA G or GGL, it can be selected by OWE.

Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:48 am
09R

Which seats with 4-6 week old?

Any tips for a couple travelling with a 4-6 week old?

We've sat in a middle pair before but it felt like we sat quite far apart and you need to walk all the way around the cabin to get to one another.

Currently have the middle pair in row 5 reserved but thinking of going for one middle and one window row 5.

We are on a 747 from SIN in (i presume) new first.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.