Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Don't be too disappointed if it is OF. The only differences I could see is that NF has a crisp, new look to it and has a MUCH larger AVOD screen. To me, the seat was no more comfortable (in fact less comfortable due to lack of a footrest), the overhead lockers were harder to access, and the lighting was less suitable for reading. In NF each seat also has an individual little locker where you can hang up some clothes and store a few things. That proved to be a big annoyance to me during our flight as people kept opening and then slamming them shut (they don't have to be slammed to shut them; just pull the handle out and gently close it - same with the closet in the front).
True,however, the FA can close any bin's that way but they prefer t slam them shut...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
I'm sure that I saw in an email the other week that flight to St Lucia from LGW now have a first cabin, anyone know if this is NF?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Originally Posted by mdj1
I'm sure that I saw in an email the other week that flight to St Lucia from LGW now have a first cabin, anyone know if this is NF?
Yes, UVF has First now. There are currently 2 NF aircraft at LGW, G-VIIU and G-VIIW. These rotate between the Bermuda, Barbados and St Lucia services (and I think St Kitts which is only once per week). Recently UVF has been having a very high % of these 2 aircraft, but note that there is only an F cabin on certain days on this route.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
True,however, the FA can close any bin's that way but they prefer t slam them shut...
It's the passengers who do it.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
A very heavy night before.

Took off on time at 17:45, soon as the seatbelt light was off my seat was flat, eye mask was on and ear plugs in. I got woken up as we came in to land at Heathrow.

Out of interest, by doing this do you completely avoid any jet lag or do you still suffer a bit... if less so?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
how does one see which flights flew from LGW with NF? Is there an equivalent of the FTDashboard for LHR for LGW?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dsk7
how does one see which flights flew from LGW with NF? Is there an equivalent of the FTDashboard for LHR for LGW?
I'm not aware of one, but some of the raw data is available on www.lhr-lgw.co.uk if you want to construct your own tables.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Out of interest, by doing this do you completely avoid any jet lag or do you still suffer a bit... if less so?
I was fine at the other end - not very often that happens on a night flight as I often can't sleep on planes (on my last one my seat wouldn't lock flat so I had zero sleep - that was not fun)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHon Diamond, Fairmont Prem
Originally Posted by dsk7
Have a look on BA Source - track the routes to Barbados, Bermuda and Port of Spain (via St Lucia), or the 2 NF aircraft - VIIU and VIIW.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by eddyegghead
Have a look on BA Source - track the routes to Barbados, Bermuda and Port of Spain (via St Lucia), or the 2 NF aircraft - VIIU and VIIW.
good idea thanks for that
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:35 pm

I have been looking at 293 LHR-IAD and I have been seeing a lot of ZZZ planes since mid May. It was NF for most of April and now is mostly ZZZ planes. I would have thought this would have been a political route and they would give it better aircraft. Apparently not.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA
Just booked an F flight to JFK for a long weekend in November.
Really hoping for NF to contrast with the OF I had on my last flight
Here's hoping!!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by malkie
Just booked an F flight to JFK for a long weekend in November.
Really hoping for NF to contrast with the OF I had on my last flight
Here's hoping!!
First is 'guaranteed' New First. So notwithstanding a last minute aircraft substitution, it will be NF.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA
Well, fate is against me. Last F flight was NF either side of our OF flight in both direction.
Either way, I'm really looking forward to it
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:16 am

G-VIIJ now has NF/WTP/WT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.