Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access at GRU

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Originally Posted by SoCal
AA lounge at GIG is open? Last time we used it, over a year ago, I thought it was temporary. It was next to the "VIP" lounge used by United and others. Is there a new AA lounge now? Glad we'll be flying out of GIG rather than GRU next month. We'll be in biz class to JFK.
Still the same "temporary" lounge at GIG.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Update regarding the Amex Centurion Lounge in T1 -- the previous landside location has closed, and Amex is instead offering access to the new Bradesco lounge in T1 airside.

Links (in Portuguese):
http://www.bradesco.com.br/html/clas...n-express.shtm
http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/b...guarulhos.html
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:49 am

I will be flying through gru from toronto on my way to joburg. I will be flying economy on aeroplan points. Star alliance all the way. What can i do to get access to the lounge in sao paulo. I dont have a distinction status yet... Can i just buy one a pass that is? I have a long layover but not comfortable enough to venture into town...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I will be arriving at GRU from MAD and then connect to a TAM domestic flight. Can you confirm me there's no lounge for TAM domestic flights at GRU (I assume I won't be able to access the LATAM lounge which I think it's for international flights only)?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
There was no lounge except for F TAM passengers when I was there in May!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Vernerite
I will be flying through gru from toronto on my way to joburg. I will be flying economy on aeroplan points. Star alliance all the way. What can i do to get access to the lounge in sao paulo. I dont have a distinction status yet... Can i just buy one a pass that is? I have a long layover but not comfortable enough to venture into town...
I'm not sure, but my guess is that you could buy a day pass at the Star Alliance Lounge in GRU, Terminal 3. It's a nice and comfortable lounge, but nothing special.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:14 am

does anyone know if there are any lounges with shower facilities that i can use while in transit from a T3 intl arrival (JJ from LIM) to a T2 domestic departure (JJ to IGU)? from the posts here, it sounds like lounge options are pretty dismal unless departing from T3, but i figured i should ask.

the deets: i have 4.5 hours between flights (about 7:30 to midnight), OW Sapphire, Priority Pass. i don't mind paying; from my research it looks like you can pay to use the showers at the Fast Sleep hotel which is landside T2? if i need to go through customs and get dumped landside, this might be an option?

someone posted that Amex Platinum cardholders can access the Bradesco lounge airside T1 (and that it has showers, according to Google Translate?) -- is that an option for me (as in, can i physically get access to that lounge in T1?)

thanks!

jon
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by jonk
someone posted that Amex Platinum cardholders can access the Bradesco lounge airside T1 (and that it has showers, according to Google Translate?) -- is that an option for me (as in, can i physically get access to that lounge in T1?)
Afraid not without a boarding pass for a flight departing from T1. The Bradesco/Amex lounge is post-security, and T1 is not connected airside to the other terminals.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by lamont2718
Afraid not without a boarding pass for a flight departing from T1. The Bradesco/Amex lounge is post-security, and T1 is not connected airside to the other terminals.
ah thanks! ok, looks like maybe the landside hotel might be the best option.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:00 pm

Have a longish layover at GRU and the lounges don't seem to have the best food variety. I know airport food usually isn't good but thought I would inquire whether there is any food place or restaurant in the airport that is good enough to pay for even though I have lounge access?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:55 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Have a longish layover at GRU and the lounges don't seem to have the best food variety. I know airport food usually isn't good but thought I would inquire whether there is any food place or restaurant in the airport that is good enough to pay for even though I have lounge access?
IF you can exit into Brazil, there is an Olive Garden in T3, mostly fast food in T2 and a Red Lobster, nothing exciting. T3 has a Margaritaville (which is awful) and some sandwich place a little further down the pier.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
IF you can exit into Brazil, there is an Olive Garden in T3, mostly fast food in T2 and a Red Lobster, nothing exciting. T3 has a Margaritaville (which is awful) and some sandwich place a little further down the pier.
There's also a food court in T3 with Pizza Hut and Carl Jr (which seems to be upmarket in Brazil, judging by their prices).
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK *G
Hi, my partner and I are landing into GRU Terminal 3 from a Lufthansa flight and need to book a connecting flight to Rio. I know we are going to have to leave the secure area, collect luggage, go through immigration and change terminal. I have both *G and OneWorld Emerald statuses so it comes down to which of those offers the best lounge options when departing from T2 (I.e for Latam or Avianca?). Are we even allowed to walk back and use the Latam or Star Alliance lounges in T3 when departing on a domestic flight from T2?

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by CountOfTuscany1
I have both *G and OneWorld Emerald statuses so it comes down to which of those offers the best lounge options when departing from T2 (I.e for Latam or Avianca?).
No Star or Oneworld lounges in the domestic area at all. Gol has a lounge which accepts Priority Pass

Originally Posted by CountOfTuscany1
Are we even allowed to walk back and use the Latam or Star Alliance lounges in T3 when departing on a domestic flight from T2?
No, domestic and international are completely segregated

Try to fly to SDU rather than GIG in Rio, assuming you're heading to Zona Sul, it will save you a lot of time
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:13 am

Hi everyone,

I need your advice regarding access to *A lounges during 5 hours layover in GRU.
I'll arrive to GRU T3 from YYZ at 10:05 am. My next flight (O6) to IGU departures from T2. Both flights are on 1 ticket and my luggage will be checked through to IGU (at least I intend to do so), so there'll be no need to collect luggage in GRU. YYZ-GRU is in J while GRU-IGU is Y but I'm *A gold, so I have access to the lounges anyway.
According to *A website there are *A lounges both in T3 and T2, however, the one in T3 seems to be much more comfortable and nicer. Additionally, as far as I see, there's airside connection between both terminals, so it seems that moving between them after arrival from YYZ and before departing to IGU should be free of any problems.
My questions are:
1) do you agree that it's better to choose lounge in T3 to spend my time in GRU?
2) how long does it take approx. to walk from lounge in T3 do gates in T2?
I'll be grateful for your advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.