Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amadeus PNR query

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Amadeus PNR query

Dear Esteemed FTers

Please don't shoot if this is not worthy of a new thread or I have missed the jewel I am looking for in the depths of another thread.

Quick one I hope:

2 Pax

CMT shows 2 eticket numbers - one for each pax, starting with 236, good so far.

However, beside each ticket number is Frankfurt-Boston and my name for one number and Mrs. 20-Horse for the other ticket number.

However, we are booked LHR to FRA to BOS, not just FRA to BOS.

The detail below shows the right flights and classes from LHR to FRA and FRA to BOS.

Amadeus Asia shows all as it should, correct booking date, office, airline, ticket number, pax and the detail shows the LHR to FRA, FRA to BOS.

Question: Should I be worried by CMT only stating FRA to BOS in the ticket number at the top, whilst showing the correct LHR to FRA FRA to BOS further down?

The e ticket receipt tab on CMT states: "please note that detailed e ticket information might not be available for some or all of the displayed lines; please contact your travel agent for further information:

Then it just shows the document numbers, FRA to BOS and the name.

I just wanted to check here before I have to call the ICC.

Many thanks in advance for your indulgent advice.

Best wishes.

20-Horse
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: F
Worry.

Don't phone the iCC, first call LH and see if their agents think it is ticketed properly.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:00 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
You're right : it should be LHR-BOS.

Calling LH will be much better than calling ICC
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by redshift27
Worry.

Don't phone the iCC, first call LH and see if their agents think it is ticketed properly.
Originally Posted by G_G
You're right : it should be LHR-BOS.

Calling LH will be much better than calling ICC
Thank you both very much, I shall be straight on the blower to LH tomorrow.

I appreciate your advice. I shall update with the answer.

Best wishes.

20-Horse
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Not sure if ir applies to you 20-Horse, but I've always found that route wording on CMT gets messed up if/when you, or the airline, amend a booking. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes not. I can say however, I've never had a problem come check-in.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Well, I called LH - who work 24 hours a day, unlike the ICC.

LH say all is fine, but in their opinion, the reason I do not see it starting from LHR is because of a change made to an earlier flight from LHR (we want to spend more time in the FCT/FCL for a good Marlboro session).

LH say all is fine at their end, worst case will be a visit to the ticket desk - either LH or BMI at LHR on the day of travel.

LH maintain that they think that the ICC did not update/re issue the ticket after the change (they certainly charged my credit card for the change), and the advice from LH (a very nice man with a french accent, but perfectly understandable!) was to call "Diamond Club" and mention the issue and ask them to update/ re issue the ticket to prevent a trip to the LHR ticket desk on the day of travel.

How refreshing, fast and professional.

He even offered to allocate seats, but the ICC did that already (bravo ICC on that score).

I shall call the ICC tomorrow and see what they say! I will issue news from the ICC tomorrow.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards

20-Horse
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:50 pm

Nothing to wory about 20-horse. LH are correct. Electronic tickets work exactly the same as paper ones, in other words a coupon for every flight taken. The eticket number will often show in the PNR with S1 (segment one or coupon 1, S2 segment 2 etc.,) next to it. If changes have been made then this will often dissapear into the PNR history, it is nothing to worry about and all that needs to be done is the eticket revalidated with new flight/dates etc.,. If the routing has changed then the ticket will have to be reissued.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by 20-Horse
LH maintain that they think that the ICC did not update/re issue the ticket after the change (they certainly charged my credit card for the change), and the advice from LH (a very nice man with a french accent, but perfectly understandable!) was to call "Diamond Club" and mention the issue and ask them to update/ re issue the ticket to prevent a trip to the LHR ticket desk on the day of travel.
Theoretically bmi needs to reissue the ticket when they do a change. Since the original coupon was probably for the same day its not absolutely necessary so a rebooking is OK. Sloppy of bmi ticketing / ICC nevertheless. The operating airline does the same most of the time, BTW. During checkin you might see a hickup, but the checkin agent can lift the block with two keystrokes to lift the first coupon of the virtual e-ticket.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Theoretically bmi needs to reissue the ticket when they do a change. Since the original coupon was probably for the same day its not absolutely necessary so a rebooking is OK. Sloppy of bmi ticketing / ICC nevertheless. The operating airline does the same most of the time, BTW. During checkin you might see a hickup, but the checkin agent can lift the block with two keystrokes to lift the first coupon of the virtual e-ticket.
I had exactly the same issue with a recent TP booking where the flight times had changed, which meant one leg got dropped.

The tickets did need to be reissued but this was done by bmi Donington, both the ICC and TP would not do it.

PM me if you need their contact details - I wanted mine changed in advance as the leg that was dropped originated in Brazil and I didn't want to have to sort it out in ropy Portuguese!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:35 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by 20-Horse
LH say all is fine, but in their opinion, the reason I do not see it starting from LHR is because of a change made to an earlier flight from LHR (we want to spend more time in the FCT/FCL for a good Marlboro session).

LH say all is fine at their end, worst case will be a visit to the ticket desk - either LH or BMI at LHR on the day of travel.

LH maintain that they think that the ICC did not update/re issue the ticket after the change
As I thought. Being paranoid, I would sort this out before flying. bmi Pre-Flight Support can help if the ICC are having a particularly clueless day. And check that your seat allocations stick after the ticket revalidation, too!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redshift27
As I thought. Being paranoid, I would sort this out before flying. bmi Pre-Flight Support can help if the ICC are having a particularly clueless day. And check that your seat allocations stick after the ticket revalidation, too!
Thanks to all here, I made a call to pre travel support, they were most helpful and guaranteed that the redemption would be re ticketed correctly before close of play tonight.

Just checked CMT - 1 hour after the call and all is well, now showing LONDON-BOSTON for both me and Mrs. 20-Horse, and the seat allocations are still there, and the e-ticket receipt is now comprehensively filled for both of us.

Full marks to FT for steering me so well and full marks to pre travel for being absolutely on the button and superb.

Many thanks.

20-Horse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.