Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2009)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:08 am

DUB-LHR-DUB J class for a shopping trip to Harrods. Flights I wanted were €254 in Y class so for 9,000 and €59 taxes it was a great option. Then got the Marriott hotel for €50 . So great little package for me and my partner. ^
Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Two tickets for 4 passengers next year on a bank holiday so thought I should get them in early before everyone relaxes over Christmas and takes the seats. Availability on this flight down from 5 to 1 now (Experflyer counting)
- DME-LHR (2 pax, BD C)
- DME-LHR-MAN (2 pax, BD C/BD Y)

Booking taken smoothly with Shita (I've had the pleasure of booking before with this lady, very good). Had a bit of a problem where the initial taxes for the first flights were wrong and we did recheck, I ticketed anyway (easier to get the seats and worry about a £50pp refund later), however during second booking Shita realised the original taxes were wrong and redid the original booking too (great - thanks!).

Took 20mins, got my BD C for BD Y due to gold without a problem, makes this a very cheap booking (despite nasty Z1 connection surcharge)! Getting to Moscow (will book at a later date) will be more expensive due to connections in Europe on non-BD metal with LH/LX YQ.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by DELLAS
DUB-LHR-DUB J class for a shopping trip to Harrods. Flights I wanted were €254 in Y class so for 9,000 and €59 taxes it was a great option. Then got the Marriott hotel for €50 . So great little package for me and my partner. ^
LHR-DUB-LHR J class for a 'Kennedy's Platter' . Flights I wanted were £348 in Prock-class so for 9,000 + taxes it was a great option.
Booked online and it recognised my gold status and corectly only charged the 9,000. Flights on time and healthily busy both ways (17 in C outbound, 7 inbound). Cracking chicken korma lunch in the *A lounge too.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Question

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
'Kennedy's Platter' .
What on earth is one of those?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Booked the following for March:

LHR-YYC-YVR AC Biz Class
(stopover)
YVR-AKL-MEL NZ Biz Class

Total miles 37,500+£255 cash+£171 tax

Was surprised the tax was so low as I thought NZ redemptions were being hit by a YQ surcharge but it would appear not in this case (after all at least £111 of this tax is for leaving LHR i.e. APD & PSC).

All done in an amazing 9 minutes from start to finish with a very efficient female agent (she didn't anounce her name)
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by littlevoices
What on earth is one of those?
When you make your next redemption to DUB, I'll make sure you find out.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Cracking chicken korma lunch in the *A lounge too.
Very true . Forgot about that , may say goodbye to the other half an hour early ^
Old Dec 6, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by DELLAS
may say goodbye to the other half an hour early ^
Which one?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:48 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
World record - 10 minutes for a booking, by Albert - who speaks perfect English with a faint Lancashire accent and zipped thru the admittedly easy booking: SFO-SYD C one-way 30,000 mi + £202.50 cash + £77 taxes/fees

The only glitch came when he said "you don't have enough miles, you have 28,529 reward miles and 1,474 bonus miles." Which isn't how it appears on the DC page, was worried that a family transfer was invisible to him, but then I realised he just didn't add them up properly and put him right.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by harryhv
World record - 10 minutes for a booking, by Albert - who speaks perfect English with a faint Lancashire accent and zipped thru the admittedly easy booking:
Has Diamond Club done a 'Life on Mars' and moved the call centre to Preston, but circa 1954? I look forward to getting Albert on a future call!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Which one?
Im not meeting you that weekend lol...

FYI the new one

Sorry if I missed it but has anyone done a DUB-EWR J redemption yet?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:20 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hooray! Lots of faffing to get it confirmed, but finally managed to get the following for January:

FRA-ICN OZ J
(stopover)
ICN-KWL OZ J
(surface)
KMG-BKK TG J
(stopover)
BKK-LHR TG J

Taxes under £200 (hooray for APD avoision). So it looks like I'll be joining the swelling ranks of BD FTers in Bangkok in Jan...

(Worth noting: the taxes ex-FRA were £140 cheaper than ex-LHR. I decided to get an AB flight with Rail+Fly for €56 total instead, as I want to drop in on Cologne on the way anyway...)

Last edited by stut; Dec 7, 2009 at 7:26 am
Old Dec 9, 2009, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, AF Gold, LH Senator, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
South America

Just booked today (as two one-ways) for two passengers in October/November next year:

MUC-YYZ AC Business
(stopover)
YYZ-SCL AC Business

SCL-EZE AC Business
(stopover)
EZE-FRA-LHR LH Business

Cash + Miles... 18,750 per person each way. Approx £120 in tax/surcharges outbound and £188 for inbound. Avoiding UK APD and ridiculous AR tax in Argentina really helped keep down the cost.

Had to call a few times to get an agent that could find LH business class availability for the return journey, but got there eventually.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
HEL-vie-zrh-jnb-CPT in F (longhaul on LX)
62 500 miles plus GBP 217.20 in tax

CPT-jnb-zrh-arn-TMP in C (longhaul on LX)
37 500 miles plus GBP 167.60 in tax

Booked efficiently by Seeta.

cheers,

Henry
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Thumbs up

I successfully booked in 30 minutes a round-trip award flight in summer 2010 for 7 passengers.

LUX-ZRH-YUL Business
and
YQB-EWR Economy
(stopover)
JFK-ZRH-LUX Business

cash+miles option : 37500 miles per passenger.

e-tickets were issued the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.