Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double/Triple Miles Oct. 08

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double/Triple Miles Oct. 08

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by RAPC
Form an orderly queue to post your 'I haven't got this offer' messages below
Tis my life to be at the end of queues.....I didn't get it either
Old Sep 26, 2008, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Having received none of the last few offers I got this one - triple for me. As Swanhunter says, triple status miles would have been more useful for me right now too. Bloody hell, we're never happy, are we?!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Unhappy Penalised for > 55K

I didnt get it nor the September one. I suspect that once you get to the 55K threshold, incentives to travel more cost BMI twice as much ?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 5:33 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Surely these promotions are designed both to increase your amount of flying with bmi and to increase your assets with them, so that should there by any change in ownership or change to DC, you'll still feel tied to them.

In other words, I wonder if they target those with fewer miles in their accounts?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jbfield

In other words, I wonder if they target those with fewer miles in their accounts?
Status miles maybe (i.e. not the over 55k crowd) but I don't think so with regards to destination miles. I would say that those with flights galore booked would be excluded, as might those making use of the last promotion. All purely hypothetical though.

Personally I'm not signing up to this in case I miss out on future promos for being active on this one. I have a MAN-ORD-MAN in December, so if there is a December promo, that will do nicely
Old Sep 26, 2008, 5:40 am

I haven't got it yet either, although I did get the September one. I haven't booked any flights for the Sept on yet (which ends Oct 13)...still debating whether its worth it or not to do a DUB-LHR run. I wonder if actually doing for the flying for the promos increases or decreases your chances of getting the next promo?

As an aside a December promo would be really useful but I can't see much chance of that happneing!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 6:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by jbfield
Just a statement of Jenna's Law

"The probability of receiving an invitation is in inverse proportion to the juiciness of the promotion and your loyalty and spend with bmi"

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 26, 2008 at 7:08 am
Old Sep 26, 2008, 7:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
I noticed that I get some promotion on my very old e-mail account which I used when I joined DC and some on my new e-mail account to which I changed 2 year ago.

Sometimes I get the same offer on both and when we had the personlised offers a while back one was different from the other.

Marketing in BD is I think run by a magic eight ball.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: BD,Skyteam,QF
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I got it, I got it. A pity it wasn't double status miles though.
Dream on! Wouldn't we all like a boost to status miles. I'd give away my 100,000+ destination miles (it sounds like its too hard to get value for them) for a couple of years of gold, so I can use the lounge instead of a corridor when I fly with partner airlines, since there is only 1 BD destination ex Dublin.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Offer has just arrived and duly signed up as I know I've got 2 returns in that time period already.

Will I get triple miles on my SAA to JNB
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by jplondon
Got the offer (even though when clicking on registration it brings up a thank you screen that also has a button to click 'register'; when I click on that it asks me for member number, password and promo code , I assume as it said thank you I am now registered).

I get the same problem. I am assuming I am registered, but is it safer to phone the calll cetre as well? And can they do the registering?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
I get the same problem. I am assuming I am registered, but is it safer to phone the calll cetre as well? And can they do the registering?
The call centre will have no clue about this whatsoever. Consider yourself registered and if you have any problems post the promo period, then ask diamond club to help, although I'm sure it won't be necessary.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:33 am

The good news is I've just received the offer ^, the bad news is it's somewhat (an understatement) more onerous :

Originally Posted by bmi
Fly with bmi this autumn and you could benefit from two great offers to earn bonus miles from Diamond Club. All you have to do is register for this exclusive offer and fly the specified number of return flights with bmi over the next 10 weeks.

Plus, if you fly with bmi on a Business fare* you'll receive an additional bonus of 3,000 destinations miles for each return flight you take. View details of what to expect when flying in Business here.

It couldn't be easier to register and qualify. Simply take:

7 return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008
and receive double destinations miles.

Or

9 or more return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008
and receive triple destinations miles.
Basically, to get the triple miles I have to take a return flight every week for 10 weeks.....

There's the added benefit of an extra 3,000 miles for each return business flight, but it isn't easy to do that between LBA and LHR!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Corpt

Basically, to get the triple miles I have to take a return flight every week for 10 weeks.....
Yes, it really couldn't be easier to qualify could it?

The booby prize in the raffle for you I'm afraid.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by Corpt
The good news is I've just received the offer ^, the bad news is it's somewhat (an understatement) more onerous :

There's the added benefit of an extra 3,000 miles for each return business flight, but it isn't easy to do that between LBA and LHR!
I've just received a similar offer, except my requirements are 5 / 7 returns for double / triple. Also, the business offer for me is Plus, if you fly with bmi on a Business fare* you'll receive an additional bonus of 4,000 miles made up of 2,000 destinations miles and 2,000 status miles for each return flight you take.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.