Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double/Triple Miles Oct. 08

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Double/Triple Miles Oct. 08

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by raikje
I've just received a similar offer, except my requirements are 5 / 7 returns for double / triple. Also, the business offer for me is Plus, if you fly with bmi on a Business fare* you'll receive an additional bonus of 4,000 miles made up of 2,000 destinations miles and 2,000 status miles for each return flight you take.
The combination for me is:
1 / 3 for double / triple
3,000 destination-only bonus miles for a business return

Perhaps bmi marketing is intelligent. I never get the offer for months where I have any bmi flights already booked in advance. But I haven't been on a bmi plane for 6 weeks, and have nothing booked, and they give me a relatively easy target...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Corpt
Basically, to get the triple miles I have to take a return flight every week for 10 weeks.....
Paging LiviLion
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Paging LiviLion
He won't see this for a while....he'll probably be on one of his many domestic flights as we speak.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by kt74
The combination for me is:
1 / 3 for double / triple
3,000 destination-only bonus miles for a business return
Mine is similar:
1 / 3 returns for double/triple miles.

plus: 2,000 destination and 2,000 status miles for a business return.

I wonder how many variations there are and who gets what? I've never flown BD!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Spoke too soon

Originally Posted by wenzlydale
I didnt get it nor the September one. I suspect that once you get to the 55K threshold, incentives to travel more cost BMI twice as much ?
Just got the
1 return flight with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive double destinations miles.
Or 3 or more return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive triple destinations miles.

I guess trick is not to book online .. i have to go through company travel website
Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: EC*G BD*G, Hilton, Eurobonus
Talking

I just received the offer as well. Suited very well as I well have 5 1/2 return flights in the period with BMI which is unusal for me.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
Thought I'd add my variant to the thread, in case anyone can spot a pattern here with the combinations;

Simply take:
4 return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive double destinations miles. Or
6 or more return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive triple destinations miles.
Plus, if you fly with bmi on a Business fare* you'll receive an additional bonus of 3,000 destinations miles for each return flight you take.

Probably based on past travel with BMI, I'd have taken 4 returns in 2 1/2 months in any case. 6 is pushing it a bit.

Wish I'd got the double status miles one. 2x domestic economy from MAN is pretty worthless
Old Sep 28, 2008, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Also received - but noticed an error in the process...

Fly 4 return flights with bmi between 1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive double destinations miles.
Or
6 or more return flights with bmi between 1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive triple destinations miles.
Clicked on the link
http://bmi-news.com/c/p?EMID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Which then forwards to this link - which is missing my DC number as I'm guess the mark-up code is missing a "#" in front of the DC number field:

http://www.flybmi.com/....../thank-you-for-your-interest.aspx?dcnumber=#Field_MemberNumber##&auto=true&code=XXXXXXXX

I edited this manually and successfully registered - anyone else experiencing problems might want to do the same.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rupert_s
Also received - but noticed an error in the process...

Clicked on the link
http://bmi-news.com/c/p?EMID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Which then forwards to this link - which is missing my DC number as I'm guess the mark-up code is missing a "#" in front of the DC number field:

http://www.flybmi.com/....../thank-you-for-your-interest.aspx?dcnumber=#Field_MemberNumber##&auto=true&code=XXXXXXXX

I edited this manually and successfully registered - anyone else experiencing problems might want to do the same.
Received the offer finally and noticed the same issue. My work around was to log into the BD website first and then click on the link.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EI Elite, A3 Gold
Terms and Conditons
This offer is only available to the named recipient of this email and is non transferable. Only one application per named recipient will be accepted irrespective of the number of qualifying flights made during the qualifying period, bmi will automatically delete/remove any duplicate/surplus applications and or duplicate miles added.

the offer to me was double miles for one economy return flight and triple miles for one biz return flight - judging by the terms and conditions though even though ive three biz flights in october i'll only get triple miles for one of those flights

i find that a bit miserable and not very motivating to book further flights
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:38 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Received the offer finally and noticed the same issue. My work around was to log into the BD website first and then click on the link.
Having tried to register, neither of these work arounds has allowed me to register. Very frustsrating as I would fly bmi specifically to hit this promotion
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:09 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
I got the below:

" 1 return flight with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive double destinations miles.

Or

3 or more return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 and receive triple destinations miles."

Registration worked clicking the link from my Nokia N71, and for the first time this year I will make it... I have 4 RTN's that I booked in the sale LHR-DUB anyway, so no need to adjust any plans to qualify...

tht
Old Sep 29, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: BD*G, DL G
8 and 10

Just got the promo

8 return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 on an Economy Flexible fare and receive double destinations miles.

Or

10 or more return flights with bmi between
1 October - 10 December 2008 on an Economy Flexible fare and receive triple destinations miles.

They must be forecasting future flying based on the last few weeks and extrapolating!

Anyone got more than 10?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:19 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
PROMO Extended

Originally Posted by NoY
Having tried to register, neither of these work arounds has allowed me to register. Very frustsrating as I would fly bmi specifically to hit this promotion
Just received this on e-mail: I assume that Joanna may have prompted this, due to so many problems with registering. I sucessfully registered this time and will now book some bmi flights ^

Dear Mr NoY,

We recently emailed you with an offer to earn even more miles when flying with bmi in October and we don't want you to miss out. So we've extended registration for this offer and you now have until 8 October to register your interest. View terms and conditions

Please note if you've registered for this promotion previously, please register again as we've experienced some technical issues.

It couldn't be easier to qualify for your bonus destinations miles, simply take:

One return flight with bmi on an Economy fare* between
1 - 31 October 2008 and you'll receive double destinations miles.

Or

One return flight with bmi on a Business fare** between
1 - 31 October 2008 and you'll receive triple destinations miles.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: A3*G, AB-G, Hilton Gold, Marroit Silver
I haven't got any new offer
I am expecting to be flying to Saudi a few times in the coming months and this would have been a particularly convincing way of ensuring I was on BD metal... as well as allowing the odd GUV on it too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.