Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

PROMO: buying miles fee waived, juicy e-shopping bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: buying miles fee waived, juicy e-shopping bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:28 am
jog

Programs: LH FT, AB Gold, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by diamond club
Miles posting - when you purchase something through the shopping site the miles should show as pending and then approved. The miles should then be posted to your account around the 10-15th of the following month.
[...]

Bonus miles - Any orders done in May should now have received the bonus miles. Orders for June should receive the bonus miles between 10th-15th July.
Thanks, diamond club! Maybe there is even more date logic behind this? I am asking because the description does not really fit to what has posted into my account. What confuses me here are the mentioned dates 10th-15th while I have already 3 transactions approved and posting with transaction dates between the 15th and 19th May. All three posted into my DC account on the 20th June, but so far I did not get any bonus. Thus, my guess is that the transaction dates were used for the bonus calculation and cut off at some point in time between the 10th and 15th May, i.e. transactions between the 15th and 19th May are not yet included in the bonus calculation although they have already posted. Would that fit to the bonus miles anyone of you got? If this is the case things should indeed get fixed automatically by the 20th of July or so.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:51 am

Programs: BD Blue, KL
Originally Posted by jog
Thanks, diamond club! Maybe there is even more date logic behind this? I am asking because the description does not really fit to what has posted into my account. What confuses me here are the mentioned dates 10th-15th while I have already 3 transactions approved and posting with transaction dates between the 15th and 19th May. All three posted into my DC account on the 20th June, but so far I did not get any bonus. Thus, my guess is that the transaction dates were used for the bonus calculation and cut off at some point in time between the 10th and 15th May, i.e. transactions between the 15th and 19th May are not yet included in the bonus calculation although they have already posted. Would that fit to the bonus miles anyone of you got? If this is the case things should indeed get fixed automatically by the 20th of July or so.
Yes, this fit exactly with my situation: like you I have transactions made between 15-19 May and approved on 20th June but no bonus points yet
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:52 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
Hi,

Slight change to what I've previously advised. I've now had offical confirmation from points on how the miles post to members acconts:

Transactions will be credited 30 days after the purchase. If there is a miles load on Jun 13th this would only cover purchases prior to May 13th

Sorry for any confusion.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
But this can't be right, surely? The miles are only sent across when the transaction turns from Pending to Approved. In my experience this can take up to 2-3 months as some merchants do not approve until any refund period has passed - at worst, an ebay purchase I made in November only turned up on my account in May, for example.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
It sounds like miles will be credited a minimum of 30 days after purchase, longer if it takes the merchant a while to approve the transaction, and that points.com load them across in batches. I suspect they can be approved by the merchant without being "Approved", and they just do a sweep every now and then to "Approve" and pay them all together.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Getting confused here - can anything be done about the purchases which have never made it to Pending?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:43 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Yes, if it has never made it to pending you can ask DC to investigate it for you:

Originally Posted by diamond club
Any orders that have not been tracked correctly will need to be chased via email. To do this we require the tracking number, date, amount and retailer.
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, but there's no harm in trying...
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Getting confused here - can anything be done about the purchases which have never made it to Pending?
It's quite possible you'll get the miles at some point.

That's what happened to me when I made some purchases back in Nov/Dec. They never tracked, but the miles posted in March. Of course, reconciling the posted miles accurately is impossible, unless you've been doing you been keeping tabs.

The issue of claiming any missing miles and, therefore, any bonuses, can only be resolved by knowing the click ID relevant to the purchase, the amounts involved, and letting Joanna investigate.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
Miles posted

Mine did post after some 40 days and a bit of chasing

Happy hunting.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Raffles
But this can't be right, surely? The miles are only sent across when the transaction turns from Pending to Approved. In my experience this can take up to 2-3 months as some merchants do not approve until any refund period has passed - at worst, an ebay purchase I made in November only turned up on my account in May, for example.
I would say you are correct Raffles.

All my transactions (the few that actually showed) seem to have come to a standstill. They have been showing as approved or pending for weeks now and no bonuses have been added.

Looks like a long wait.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:13 pm

This promo as stated earlier is an utter shambles.

Missing transactions, incorrect miles being awarded and wrong dates being applied to transactions (affect bonus ?).

BMI should prepare themselves for a deluge of complaints.

Not looking forward to the upcoming hassle.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:03 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by UK Flyer 1
Mine did post after some 40 days and a bit of chasing

Happy hunting.
How do you "chase"? Email bmi or the vendors?

Cheers
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I would say you are correct Raffles.

All my transactions (the few that actually showed) seem to have come to a standstill. They have been showing as approved or pending for weeks now and no bonuses have been added.

Looks like a long wait.
I used 4 different bmi accounts for the Raffles specials, each bought 10 (40 in total). The post results vary: 9/10, 4/10, 5/10, and 2/10

For the ones that did post, it looks:

19/07/2008 PO Points.com transaction - Accrual 4 0

I recall the Raffles auctions were set at 6.50 pounds each. How bmi counted it as 4 is mystery to me. I'm not concerned about the actual miles earned, I want the 500 bonus miles per purchase (up to 10) as we all do, so anyone has contacted either bmi or eBay about the Raffles posting discrepancies?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My position is very confusing:

1. 2500 bonus point posted a couple of weeks ago. (I had done 10+ transactions)
2. Today I have these transactions on my account:

18/07/2008 PO Points.com transaction - Accrual 26 0
18/07/2008 PO Points.com transaction - Accrual 16 0
18/07/2008 PO Points.com transaction - Accrual 23 0

3. On my shopping page I have these transactions, which means that only one of the transactions from Shopping is for the same number of points as posted to the account:

01/07/2008 Waterstones £9.99 7 miles/£1 Pending 66
20/06/2008 Waterstones £4.89 7 miles/£1 Pending 33
08/06/2008 eBay £16.06 1 mile/£1 Approved 13
30/05/2008 eBay £10.71 1 mile/£1 Approved 8
26/05/2008 Tesco £14.11 2 miles/£1 Approved 23

So it looks as if 23=23, but 8=16 and 13=26 - so must be double points on eBay!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Markie
My position is very confusing:

1. 2500 bonus point posted a couple of weeks ago. (I had done 10+ transactions)
Sure that's not the survey miles (Post Date 27/06/08) ?

In relation to shopping, I have 13 transactions tracking on my list, 11 of which are promo eligible, so in theory, earned + 5000 bonus due. Only 2/13 of are showing as approved, and have been for weeks; one is from April, the other May (and promo eligible). All the rest are pending. Another 4 transactions in May/June have never tracked, but that happened with purchases made in Nov/Dec and didn't stop the miles from being credited.

Obviously, I've had no miles post to my DC account from any of the May/June stuff, and therefore, no bonuses. My last shopping miles were credited in March.

I guess the majority of us are in the same boat with the general quietness of the thread recently.

Soooo........back to waiting then

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Jul 19, 2008 at 2:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.