AA Gold status match to BMI Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
What are the QUP fares on UA/US?
They easy to use for everyone?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by sjefenole
What are the QUP fares on UA/US?
They easy to use for everyone?
A QUP is basically a discounted First Class fare and they can be very good value. Just book 'First (lowest)' and you should be fine. 3x status and destination miles in BD DC if you fly in the First cabin. On single class regional jets you'll only earn 1x miles so watch out for them. Some United Express flights do have a First cabin though.

Originally Posted by Rambuster
AA Gold is OW Nothing !
AA Gold is oneworld Ruby. IMO, OW Ruby is equivalent to *A Silver. I know BD will match any bugger and their brother but AA Gold to BD Gold is a bit of a stretch or what is sane.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:31 am

Programs: ANA Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fraser
A QUP is basically a discounted First Class fare and they can be very good value. Just book 'First (lowest)' and you should be fine. 3x status and destination miles in BD DC if you fly in the First cabin. On single class regional jets you'll only earn 1x miles so watch out for them. Some United Express flights do have a First cabin though.
Also watch the UA one's don't book into H class which is 1x also
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:48 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
I have a different but related question. I know bmi usually doesn't match other *A airlines, however I've just moved to the UK (MAN) so considering this do you think there's a chance they'll match my UA status? If so, how should I contact?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 11:46 am

When I first joined DC I was BA Silver and BD status matched to their Silver. But back in those days BD silver had a more tangible benefits, in fact when I first joined DC, BD Blue status gave passengers UA RCC access!

In my limited experience, loads of carriers will status match but at the end of the day if the cardholder won't requalify it's sort of pointless. I was comped BA Gold once but would not have done it if I couldn't retain it, since at that level they usually only give you one go.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 11:48 am

Qup

...also, I must say UA's QUP fares are brilliant. Despite the fare basis, it comes through as F! And once they even had some of these fares loaded onto PS metal, I was happy to fly to JFK on that!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
I have a different but related question. I know bmi usually doesn't match other *A airlines, however I've just moved to the UK (MAN) so considering this do you think there's a chance they'll match my UA status? If so, how should I contact?
Officially no. However, I've heard of people providing a statement from another ailine with loads of activity on it, proof of a new address in the UK and a nice covering letter saying it makes more sense to be in Diamond Club now etc. etc. and had some success. A MAN address might be useful.

Others have been refused.

YMMV.

In the current climate of bmi dropping their pants for all and sundry, I'd say you've got a shot.

And, guess what, this is in the bmi FAQ in the "Do they comp?" section.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Is there a good way I can get in contact with BD about a status match?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by colpuck
All you could ever want to know about that is in this thread.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by colpuck
The answer is exactly 1 line above your post!

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
And, guess what, this is in the bmi FAQ in the "Do they comp?" section.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Still Time??

Hey Guys,

You are all so WAY ahead of me. Depite all the time I spend on these forums, I never knew until this week's hoopla that I could get a Status Match at BMI.

Do you reckon whether they will still match an AA Platinum or above (i.e. Executive Platinum) to BMI Diamond Gold?

Ideally I'd like to do it now before it converts to BA Gold.

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Let not resurrect ancient threads. The other bmi status match thread will have to suffice.

Closed.

starflyergold
bmi forum mod team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.