Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

TA makes error inputing my name, Problem?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.

Hi
I made a MAN-ORD-MAN booking using Nectar points through ebbokers. The agent on the phone took all my details and every thing is coming up on MMB and checkmytrip. OK, however in the name field of both checkmytrip and MMB it says "Vincentmr [SURNAME]" Is this stray mr going to cause problems, especially with the Americans?

Ebookers say it's not a problem, but they can't change it., and the nice lady at the DC call centrer really didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. (After 5 minutes of explaining she pulls up the PNR and says “so do you want to book this flight with miles or cash?”

Last edited by ajamieson; Aug 7, 2007 at 1:45 pm Reason: Remove surname
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Shouldn't be a problem providing it is just your first name - it's no different to a mis-spelling (which happens frequently with my first name). Never had a problem, even with United States INS.

Would be worth following up with Ebookers customer relations, though - it can be a problem with surnames and it's poor service on their part to assume everything will be fine.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
The "stray" mr is normal.

All of my T/A bookings have LASTNAME, FIRSTNAMEmr (as a designator for "he").

Female bookings have LASTNAME, FIRSTNAMEmrs / FIRSTNAMEmiss

There's no "mistake" that's been made from what I can see.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by preiffer
The "stray" mr is normal.

Female bookings have LASTNAME, FIRSTNAMEmrs / FIRSTNAMEmiss

There's no "mistake" that's been made from what I can see.
Unless in populating the "first name" field ebookers have used MRVINCE (one word) as opposed to using VINCE in first name and Mr in the title field.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by preiffer
Sure, but it looks like the TA has entered the name in the GDS format instead of the 'real' format so the Mr would appear twice on the ticket.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Sure, but it looks like the TA has entered the name in the GDS format instead of the 'real' format so the Mr would appear twice on the ticket.
Yes, sorry should have made it clearer. It says 'Mr VincentMr LASTNAME", so there are two 'mr's. I know sometimes on boarding passes is says LASTNAME, VMR but this seems different, certainly different from my passport. Lets hope the US immigration people are in a good mood.

Last edited by ajamieson; Aug 8, 2007 at 3:08 am Reason: Remove surname - again!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, Leaders Club
Well, I do not think it will be much of a problem. My aunt booked 3 tickets with a travel agent, and the agent mistakenly entered all middle names as first names for her kids. Example will be Peter Stanley Foster showed up just as Stanley Foster. Called AA, as well as asked AA airport agents, and all of them said the name should be fine, as it is "part" of their names. I even brought the kids' passports to the airport with me. I said: Isn't it needs to be exactly like the passport name? I asked them 3 times whether they are sure it is fine, since they are going abroad, and 3 times I got the answer "yes". They eventually went on the plane without an issue.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigVince76
Last edited by ajamieson : Aug 8, 07 at 10:08 am. Reason: Remove surname - again!
Oops, sorry. Thanks for doing that, I really did not think about it. Glad someone's paying attention!
Old Aug 11, 2007, 4:57 am

You're welcome
Old Aug 11, 2007, 7:09 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by ajamieson
You're welcome
Mr Mod, what do we do about those silly posters who have their surname as part of their FT handle?

Signed,
Mr London

Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:31 pm

They bring it upon themselves
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I had a similar situation with a SQ/DL ticket. DL had appended "dr" to my last name because their system has not entry for "Dr."
At the end of the day, I did the whole trip without a glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.