Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BMI - Please Move your Diamond Call Centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI - Please Move your Diamond Call Centre

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2007, 6:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Is this call center partially in meltdown?

We've never received so much attitude from a rep for a rep's mishearing the number of passengers as we did today.

Does BD's reservation system default to two persons when making award bookings or are reps just used to hearing two persons most of the time?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:08 am
Suspended

You got 2 people who answered your call?

I booked a couple of flights on Thursday and had 1 agent handle everything... very professional. Her name was Diane.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
You got 2 people who answered your call?

I booked a couple of flights on Thursday and had 1 agent handle everything... very professional. Her name was Diane.
There were a few agents who seem to be stuck with "two" in their head.

The agents are generally professional, but this one fellow seemed to be annoyed with us for his own presumption or mishearing. I just called back later until I got a rather nice woman whom I seem to get often. I usually have no complaints about the professionalism of the agents, but that fellow's attitude came across as a bit of an annoying surprise.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
Her name was Diane.
Yeah, right ...
I wonder if these poor people feel silly making up western names ?
Who is their management trying to fool ? Do they think we are all idiots ?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
There were a few agents who seem to be stuck with "two" in their head.

The agents are generally professional, but this one fellow seemed to be annoyed with us for his own presumption or mishearing. I just called back later until I got a rather nice woman whom I seem to get often. I usually have no complaints about the professionalism of the agents, but that fellow's attitude came across as a bit of an annoying surprise.
His name didn't begin with F by any chance?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
His name didn't begin with F by any chance?
I don't recall but if I get him again -- and likely it'll happen -- I'll make sure to note the name.

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Yeah, right ...
I wonder if these poor people feel silly making up western names ?
Who is their management trying to fool ? Do they think we are all idiots ?
Some of the reps we deal with are not "westernizing" their names.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:48 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
I had an extremely efficient supervisor today who dealt with a problem straight away. Her name is Anaita.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It is only an obsessive like me who would go through this toi get a few lousy miles.

Flew MAN - ORD return in C last month. Outward leg posted, return didn't.

Call India and am promised miles will be posted. Nothing happens

Call India again and am promised same again. Nothing happens

3rd Call lucky, transactio appears on activities last Friday with 0 balance

Miles post at 1.5 rather than 2x bonus. Spend 60 minutes on phone explaining that I had a C ticket and flew in C cabin. Offered to send photos of C cabin, gave link to ViewTrip booking ref, tore hair out, went on hold, came off hold, went on hold, came off hold... you get the picture.

Am now promised miles adjustment will be made. Trip still on website, but miles reduced to zero. Let's see what tomorrow may bring.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by thegoderic
It is only an obsessive like me who would go through this toi get a few lousy miles.

Flew MAN - ORD return in C last month. Outward leg posted, return didn't.

Call India and am promised miles will be posted. Nothing happens

Call India again and am promised same again. Nothing happens

3rd Call lucky, transactio appears on activities last Friday with 0 balance

Miles post at 1.5 rather than 2x bonus. Spend 60 minutes on phone explaining that I had a C ticket and flew in C cabin. Offered to send photos of C cabin, gave link to ViewTrip booking ref, tore hair out, went on hold, came off hold, went on hold, came off hold... you get the picture.

Am now promised miles adjustment will be made. Trip still on website, but miles reduced to zero. Let's see what tomorrow may bring.
Don't call India. E-mail the details to diamond dot club at flybmi dot com (Joanna).
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by redshift27
Don't call India. E-mail the details to diamond dot club at flybmi dot com (Joanna).
And in the first place (if you can) fill out the online form, print and send in with documentation to Donnington Hall and things usually post correctly pretty swiftly. That way Joanna usually won't need to be involved as they will post properly first time anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:33 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by RAPC
And in the first place (if you can) fill out the online form, print and send in with documentation to Donnington Hall and things usually post correctly pretty swiftly. That way Joanna usually won't need to be involved as they will post properly first time anyway.
Urgh. That would involve envelopes and stickiness! And I suspect would still involve Joanna.

But seriously, perhaps diamond club could let us know whether the email route is acceptable as a first line strategy, or only to be used as a last resort.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:47 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
I you send in your boarding cards for missing flights these go to our admin team based in Annesley, Nottingham.

I'm at Donington hall and would only get invloved in these if our admin team couldn't help and passed it over.

I don't mind emails coming to [email protected] for the odd bmi flight as I can normally check and correct these, partner flights we would need the boarding cards and receipt sending in to our admin team for crediting.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 3:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by redshift27
Urgh. That would involve envelopes and stickiness! And I suspect would still involve Joanna.
- Honestly though, get the self adhesive envelopes and stick it through the work franking machine if you have one. The admin team are usually pretty quick to sort them out. Ok, not quite Donnington Hall as I thought, but close enough.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: BD*G, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold
This sounds like a silly question, but I can't be bothered to trawl through the website which is apparently still on the fritz....

Is there a "local" gold number for reservations/DC? 08XX numbers are no longer free on my mobile, and as far as I can recall, the 01XX number on the back of my gold card is for everyone (i.e. blues too).
Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:02 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by sgt_harris
This sounds like a silly question, but I can't be bothered to trawl through the website which is apparently still on the fritz....

Is there a "local" gold number for reservations/DC? 08XX numbers are no longer free on my mobile, and as far as I can recall, the 01XX number on the back of my gold card is for everyone (i.e. blues too).
I'll give you a hint, it starts 00+91-

Seriously though, I know what you mean, but I've never seen mention of a local Gold Number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.