Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BMI - Please Move your Diamond Call Centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI - Please Move your Diamond Call Centre

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:49 am

Mine got confirmed yesterday and all segments now say ''confirmed'' in checkmytrip.com so i guess if you have nothing next to the segment its still waitlist and if it says confirmed by all segments then your fine.

Could you always change your seat numbers on checkmytrip.com??? Its allowing it now and I didnt notice that before.

Last edited by DELLAS; Jun 7, 2007 at 3:35 am Reason: adding in comment
Old Jun 11, 2007, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
My friend made an award booking for herself 2 days ago before she went off to the country. She sms'd me today and said to call DC and gave me to give them her cc # to issue the ticket.

The DC agent refused to accept payment - for her reservation, until they spoke to her! I told them that she's somewhere in Scotland and will not be able to do so till next week. They won't budge.

Now let me get this ... she made the booking 2 days ago herself, I have exact flight details, PNR details, cc details, cc billing address details, and the booking is in HER name, and BMI DC won't accept it till they speak to her? I mean, what thief in their right mind would call DC with such details and ask that a tciket be booked in her name?

AA AAdvantage never had such stupid demands! They would happily take any cc details over the phone. Maybe their systems are better at tracking fraud than the Indian call centre.

I second that they move the service centre to a place where the agents can think for themselves instead of playing too much by the rules.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 5:50 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Overall, the agents are fine... the service is good and they are polite.

It's "US" that's the problem...

We're the smart alects, who 'know it all' and demand to speak to someone else who knows the rules...

We'll scream and rant because we don't get our way...

We'll threaten to take our business elsewhere....

We demand to speak to someone else who knows what to do...

That's just "us" - the FTers...

But what about the rest of the BMI's customers - the ones who do NOT read FT? They seem to get their bookings done...

I have to say that it has nothing to do with BMI in India. They are one of the most courteous bunch of customer service agents around. It's the FTers who call that I worry about more...

If only we can hear what is said about us during their tea breaks !
GuyBetsy, I'm glad you've "come to the other side" now. It really only takes one odd conversation, where (while the agent is always cordial) you just wish there was a supervisor nearby who could fix everything. Maybe DC doesn't want exceptions, they make life too complicated?
Anyhow, I think a Gold line based nearer to BMI's home would be helpful--the odds are that those with difficult itineraries, complicated problems, etc, are going to be Golds more than the average "I want a seat in Y to LAS for a summer trip" folks calling from the Blue line.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope it gets sorted out in time!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
AA AAdvantage never had such stupid demands! They would happily take any cc details over the phone. Maybe their systems are better at tracking fraud than the Indian call centre.

I second that they move the service centre to a place where the agents can think for themselves instead of playing too much by the rules.
Did you rant and threaten to take your business elsewhere?

Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Could you always change your seat numbers on checkmytrip.com??? Its allowing it now and I didnt notice that before.
This feature is new as far as I know. Previously checkmytrip showed the seatmap but didn't allow any changes. I've only used the seat change tool for bookings made on Icelandair. Would be interesting to know if it works with other airlines and if so, which ones?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:14 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I cant even get checkmytrip to bring up the seatmap foran upcoming NZ flight... What am i doing wrong?

Would be great if we could change seats on checkmytrip
Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My friend made an award booking for herself 2 days ago before she went off to the country. She sms'd me today and said to call DC and gave me to give them her cc # to issue the ticket.

The DC agent refused to accept payment - for her reservation, until they spoke to her! I told them that she's somewhere in Scotland and will not be able to do so till next week. They won't budge.
Standard banking procedures in the UK. The usual workaround is to "become" your friend during that telephone call.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by icebird
This feature is new as far as I know. Previously checkmytrip showed the seatmap but didn't allow any changes. I've only used the seat change tool for bookings made on Icelandair. Would be interesting to know if it works with other airlines and if so, which ones?
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I cant even get checkmytrip to bring up the seatmap foran upcoming NZ flight... What am i doing wrong?

Would be great if we could change seats on checkmytrip
In the past (pre-'enhancement') you had to have a seat assignment before you could via the seat layout on checkmytrip. Do you have an assignment yet?

I would suspect that changing seat assignments via checkmytrip won't be possible for many airlines; even to the extent that perhaps it's always been possible to change Icelandair seats through this portal?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
Smile

After 4 terrible agents yesterday I got a superbly efficient one today. Her name is Giriza [sp] and she is happy to be contacted. She is great! A supervisor yesterday knew less and wasn't as helpful and pleasant.
I hope this info helps someone.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
Smile

delete---duplicate post

Last edited by braefoot; Jun 12, 2007 at 1:56 am
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by NickB
Standard banking procedures in the UK. The usual workaround is to "become" your friend during that telephone call.
That's what I did in the end...
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:29 am

Programs: BMI Gold
Originally Posted by braefoot
After 4 terrible agents yesterday I got a superbly efficient one today. Her name is Giriza [sp] and she is happy to be contacted. She is great! A supervisor yesterday knew less and wasn't as helpful and pleasant.
I hope this info helps someone.
Had exactly the same experience with Girija today too - trying to buy open jaw ticket, starting in edinburgh to san diego, but finishing in manchester. First agent wanted to sell me a ticket on delta, then quoted me 1500. Spoke to Girija and she found one for not much more than a return from Manchester.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:28 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by barbro
Had exactly the same experience with Girija today too - trying to buy open jaw ticket, starting in edinburgh to san diego, but finishing in manchester. First agent wanted to sell me a ticket on delta, then quoted me £1500. Spoke to Girija and she found one for not much more than a return from Manchester.
Interesting. Whenever I phone the agents always give me what I assume is a "nom de plume" like Caroline or Donald. Girija is a real Indian name! Maybe she has nothing to hide .... I hope bmi are reading and take note of this positive feedback for once. (I hope this is not against FT T&C, our mods will no doubt decide ...)
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by jbfield
I would suspect that changing seat assignments via checkmytrip won't be possible for many airlines; even to the extent that perhaps it's always been possible to change Icelandair seats through this portal?
No, this wasn't possible before - at least not with FI flights. Seems to be a genuine new feature ^
Old Jun 12, 2007, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by redshift27
(I hope this is not against FT T&C, our mods will no doubt decide ...)
Good question. T&Cs state:
With the exception of public figures, do not post names, addresses, phone numbers or e-mails of other FlyerTalk members. This information will be removed by moderators. Respect the privacy of non-management travel service employees by not referring to them by name.
So in theory, it's a no-no. But given the positive context (cabin crew have been named in praise on here before) and the location of the employee, it would be hard to see how privacy would be an issue. In principle, it is always nice to see positive feedback about helpful employees. I will ask around, though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.