Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Minimum Turnaround time at MAN (to/from USA)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA

I'm trying to fit in an ORD-MAN-ORD flight to take advantage of the 3x miles promotion, and was considering a quick turnaround in MAN one weekend. Can anyone tell me 1) Is the same aircraft usually used for this route and 2) is 2.5 hours enough time to exit the plane, clear immigration (do I actually need to do that even?), and get back on board?
I searched for "turnaround" and mostly got LHR-MAN-LHR turnaround info.
Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'm trying to fit in an ORD-MAN-ORD flight to take advantage of the 3x miles promotion, and was considering a quick turnaround in MAN one weekend. Can anyone tell me 1) Is the same aircraft usually used for this route and 2) is 2.5 hours enough time to exit the plane, clear immigration (do I actually need to do that even?), and get back on board?
I searched for "turnaround" and mostly got LHR-MAN-LHR turnaround info.
Thanks for your help.

1. It is the same aircraft used

2. 2.5 hours is more than plenty - you would clear immigration, collect baggage (if any) and come out on ground level at T3. Simply head up the esculator and you're back at check-in.

Or you may even get away with doing a 'flight connection' and therefore bypass immigration - although, whilst we understand what you are doing - those on the ground will probably not and think its something a bit iffy.

I was on the MAN-ORD run a couple weeks back. I didnt check in until 9.30am so you've plenty of time.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Presumably you will have cabin luggage only and therefore will not need to clear immigration, which means that you should be able to transfer airside. I would not be unduly worried about the staff on the ground not understanding what you do. Not 100% sure, however, whether they would let you through without a BP. If they do, you should be able to get your MAN-ORD BP from the lounge.
If you are in C and want to have a shower and freshen up at the Radisson, you would need to clear immigration, however.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:34 pm

Couldn't you check in for both legs at ORD? Or would that get you detained for an indefinite period in an orange jumpsuit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.