Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LH manages to leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH manages to leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If mention a broken IFE or seat to the Purser and they can't do anything about it (or relocate you to another seat) you get compensation on the spot, or if you prefer later using a irreg report from the crew.

Pets are not allowed to be taken out of their carrying kit inflight. If you had pointed out the cat being out in the open to the crew they would have enforced that rule. We had a few threads about pet dogs (you know the pipecleaner type) in F over at the M&M forum a few times...

As fare as LH lounges and kids go, I have two boys who get pretty excited and sugared up (thanks to the limitless gummibears in LH lounges) quickly, ie noisy and irritating to fellow pax. LH LDs have never batted an eyelid (even in F and the MUC FCL which has a kids corner with all IKEA can provide in form of toys for about 100€), the same goes for FAs. Usually it suffices to show that the parent is making an effort to entertain them and keep them quiet, even if the strategy is not working.

But I guess you have made your peace with LH and are looking forward to 'enjoying' BA, so this rant thread is more meant to be a oneway street
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by TheKipper
The women across the isle had a cat on her knee for the entire journey!
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pets are not allowed to be taken out of their carrying kit inflight. If you had pointed out the cat being out in the open to the crew they would have enforced that rule.
Methinks LH crew need eye test. Let's see now :

C ...... A ...... T.......

PS Maybe cat wanted Kipper.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
But OF, someone could have an A...L...L...E...R...G...Y!!!

Seriously though, the LH crew operates on 'Wo kein Kläger, da kein Richter '

http://de.pons.eu/dict/search/result...&kbd=de&l=deen

so if a pax yells and screams that a pet has been taken out against the rules, they get active. If you pout and keep your frustration to yourself I doubt any FA will try to read your mind and ask why you are upset
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
What took you so long?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Ha ha ha I love those emotional support animal photos. But the panda in the exit row takes the cake.

I haven't had any gripes about LH as they've treated me rather well but LX... Grrrr. They are the current target of my "grrrr" at the moment, and I'm thinking of cancelling my LX F redemption and booking revenue flights on BA because I am so annoyed. Pity their food and F lounge are nice, or I'd have no qualms about cancelling it but I'm dithering!

Anyway, I seem to be one of the few without major gripes about LH? I don't like their J seats (who'd have thought anyone would stick sloped J seats in A380?!) and I think their F seats are rubbish (they look like J seats) but they have treated me OK, in fact pretty well. And I believe they are introducing proper flat seats in J? LH currently have a better chance of my booking a long haul flight on them than LX!

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 5, 2012 at 6:35 pm
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Both LX and LH have been treating me quite good. Apart from the occasional hick-up nothing really bad has happened so far, although quality has varied among some flights.

And I also don't like the LH C seat. But I know what I get before booking so that's not really something to complain about. Just avoiding it when I can. What I really despise is the C cabin on the A380, it's too big and open. The first flight I had in one was with LH C, and with all the snoring going on from those other 98 C passengers, I promised myself never to do that again. When flying one of those routes I now just buy Y, the difference isn't worth it. Especially since those 76A/K seats aren't half bad...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.