Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LH manages to leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH manages to leave a bitter taste in my mouth!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I know, that's why I didn't quote you
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And how do you rate the feeders? With equally "good quality" food? LH pales considerably in the food department regarding s/h and l/h food compared to other carriers. Even KL has improved!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I could care less.... I never have seen the benefit of having a food service for a flight that only last somewhere between 1-2 hours for most. Especially if you have lounge access traveling in C.
But you are right, some of the food LH serves on intra-europe flights is awful. It would be better to abandon it altogether like they do in the US.

And although blocking that middle seat is nice, I would never buy anything but economy for intra-europe flights. For me that's really a waste of money.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
And how do you rate the feeders?
To FRA it's a 50-100 minute flight depending on whether it's LHR or DUB I'm departing; I frankly don't care. If I was just flying to FRA on a revenue ticket it'd be in Economy Class so onboard service is irrelevant.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore

I like LH because of it. I'm a no fuss, just get me there on time, feed me something of good quality on the way and then leave me the hell alone flyer, so LH suits me to a tee.
Yes very true.

I think I was lulled into a false sense of luxury by reading overly exaggerated reviews about the Lufty F experience. For me the biggest plus was the timing of their flight to EZE as it used to be a day flight. I'm a poor sleeper on aircraft even in F therefore I love day flights. So the poorer than expected on board product didn't really bother me that much.
Now they have reverted EZE to a night flight the main reason for choosing them has gone and I would much prefer to use Iberias day flight instead.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I think I was lulled into a false sense of luxury by reading overly exaggerated reviews about the Lufty F experience.
That's the problem with over-dissecting and analysing the flying experience: minor differences are inflated to the nth degree and feelings are widely exaggerated. You end up with individuals complaining of "nightmares" and "horrendous journeys" and promise to never fly again because their tea was lukewarm or their baggage delayed and, conversely, people raving about food which is basically of supermarket ready-meals quality or a flight attendant greeted them when they entered the plane.

While there clearly are differences between airlines, we can all too easily over-emphasise these and praise or conversely lambast a product excessively.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by TheKipper
The A330 from MCO to FRA looked pristine, but the seats in C were shot.
There may be specific reasons why the LH C seats on the FRA-MCO route may be a bit dodgy, eh, GC ?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:25 pm

....and you probably want to avoid seat numbers uhh..... if you're flying LH later this week from... oh never mind.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
Ha! I got caught on that one on my first C flight on LH!
I swear I was "crimped" with my back shaped into the same indentation as the seat for all of the following week!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
There may be specific reasons why the LH C seats on the FRA-MCO route may be a bit dodgy, eh, GC ?
/brazens it out/

Nothing to see here, move along now. No levers pulled. No seats were broken. No idea what you're on about, mate.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by NickB
That's the problem with over-dissecting and analysing the flying experience: minor differences are inflated to the nth degree and feelings are widely exaggerated. You end up with individuals complaining of "nightmares" and "horrendous journeys" and promise to never fly again because their tea was lukewarm or their baggage delayed and, conversely, people raving about food which is basically of supermarket ready-meals quality or a flight attendant greeted them when they entered the plane.

While there clearly are differences between airlines, we can all too easily over-emphasise these and praise or conversely lambast a product excessively.
+1^ fully agreed....or the importance attributed to the very little and insignificant details of the on-the-ground experience...I remember being nearly banned on here for responding in an unnecessarily rude manner to a BA EC's 'evangelist' who reported his pleasure of loitering around the First Lounge's reception at Heathrow observing people turned away and re-directed to Galleries (or something along these lines)...
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Originally Posted by RTW1
So you are complaining about:

- A "long" 6hr layover in FRA that you knew about before flying and that you chose to accept, probably because it was cheap or had award availability.
- C seats that were partly broken.
- A cat traveling in the same cabin but staying on the owners lap the whole flight.
- The lounge dragon asking your daughter to keep her volume of singing down to not disturb the other guests.

Is that about right? The only (very rightful) complaint to me seems the seats not working properly....

You could have entertained your daughter in other ways if you felt that 6hrs waiting in the lounge was too long.....in the air there's not much you can do, but in an airport.
I was referring to the tone of the lounge dragon which was clearly unacceptable. And she wasn't disturbing anyone except the lounge dragons sleep.

My flight was a one and a half hour connection but Lh changed schedules and presented me with a take it or leave it scenario.

My issue wasn't with the cat. But nobody checked anything about anyone having pet allergies before we got on the plane. Surely they have to asreactions can be quite serious?

In my view LH weren't anywhere near up to scratch. But that's why many including myself prefer LX.

And p.s just what is there to do at FRA airport for six hours. Its a complete dump!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
/brazens it out/

Nothing to see here, move along now. No levers pulled. No seats were broken. No idea what you're on about, mate.
You trying the flat seat trick and broke my seat? Tut tut
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LiviLion
Makes me glad I cancelled my upcoming MCO-FRA-EDI on LH flights in C and have went MCO-MIA-LHR-EDI in CW on BA instead.
YMMV, but MIA on any itinerary is a recipe for a rant
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by TheKipper
You trying the flat seat trick and broke my seat? Tut tut
I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.