Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone Got into BA Lounges with BMI Gold Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Got into BA Lounges with BMI Gold Card?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
You could apply for a status match with TK or A3, should you want to maintain *G status. You'll likely not get a physical card until your trip is over, though, but if they're quick at matching (and for me TK was pretty quick), then you should at least get an online statement showing your status, which may be sufficient for UA if their computer systems can register your status too...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
I thought I read somewhere on here a while ago that there was a plan to allow access to all BA lounges with a bmi card from some date in May, but I can’t find any reference to it now and the BA site doesn’t seem to mention it. I also had no success getting into the lounge at LAX with my bmi card the other day, so did I just dream the whole thing or does anyone else recall this rumour?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by vindaloo
I thought I read somewhere on here a while ago that there was a plan to allow access to all BA lounges with a bmi card from some date in May, but I can’t find any reference to it now and the BA site doesn’t seem to mention it. I also had no success getting into the lounge at LAX with my bmi card the other day, so did I just dream the whole thing or does anyone else recall this rumour?
You did. It was (and still is) on the integration FAQ on bmi's Facebook page. Didn't actually work in practice though (I tried to get in to the GLA lounge on BD*S and was refused). Sent a comment off to BA but yet to get a response.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Bump

Okidoki. I requalified as BD Gold, with my year ending a month ago. Obviously BA (bmi?) sent me a shiny new card one week BEFORE requalification, that was valid until the end of June 2012

It is now July. I still have no valid card for June 2013

So...

1. Has anyone who requalified in May/June received a new card valid to 2013 yet? i.e. is it just me who hasn't got my new card?

2. When you enter the BA lounge, do they look up your number on their PC, or will I have to carry a print out of my DC statement to get access? (sorry I haven't flown BA in the last couple of months, so have no idea how it works with my DC card - instead I had previously booked flights on LH, for which I had no lounge access at all - *sigh*)

3. Will they recognise the flimsy web print out?

4. What about access to lounges outside of LHR and LGW? Especially if you are flying to a bmi destination that has been integrated (e.g. NCE, EDI, etc). Has anyone had any success accessing outstation lounges with their bmi card?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by kt74
1. Has anyone who requalified in May/June received a new card valid to 2013 yet? i.e. is it just me who hasn't got my new card?
I was sent a new card on or around the 1st of June that was valid until May 2012. :roll: My previous card was valid until July 2012, however. I have not yet received a May/June/July 2013 DC card, and to be honest, I'm not sure I expect I ever will!

Have you status matched to BA Gold yet, or are you waiting so you can achieve a better BA renewal date? That's undoubtedly your best bet for guaranteeing BA lounge access. Reports suggest that LHR/LGW are fine with BD cards, but elsewhere people haven't always had success. I've not read any more recent reports, however.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by orudge
I have not yet received a May/June/July 2013 DC card, and to be honest, I'm not sure I expect I ever will!

Have you status matched to BA Gold yet, or are you waiting so you can achieve a better BA renewal date?
Hang on, BA said it was "business as usual", so why shouldn't we get our new DC cards?!

I am planning to wait until Oct/Nov to status match, partly to get the extra year, but mainly cos I don't have much (BA) travel coming up before then... Only a NCE scheduled so far - lucky I didn't book that on bmi, eh?!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by orudge
I was sent a new card on or around the 1st of June that was valid until May 2012. :roll: My previous card was valid until July 2012, however. I have not yet received a May/June/July 2013 DC card, and to be honest, I'm not sure I expect I ever will!
In the same boat, got the new card to end May 2012. (re-qualified to end May 2013) Was in the Galleries at Heathrow yesterday and used my old card as this showed 07/12 (I guess I could use a printout)

BA blue year end is this weekend so will look to do match around the end of the month
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:23 pm

Hang on, BA said it was "business as usual", so why shouldn't we get our new DC cards?!
I'm not saying you won't, just that going by my past experience, I'm not expecting a card any time soon. Historically, I seem to have to call up or e-mail and request my new card be sent every year, and then about 4 arrive in rapid succession!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I had enough trouble getting into an LHR BA lounge last month with a card that was valid, let alone one that isn't. I got given the third degree and they had to call about three different members of staff before they finally believed me when I stood my ground and insisted I was allowed in.

Now like others I'm in possession of a card with a June expiry date so next time it will doubtless be even harder. If they can't manage to tell lounge staff that a card in-date is valid after one month, heaven knows how long it will take for them to communicate that an out of date card is valid. Also, if the cards now never expire i.e. no one ever gets downgraded and no new cards are issued, surely they either need to end the validity of the old cards or issue new ones otherwise we really do get lifetime First Class lounge access at Heathrow.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:01 am

Bump again... Any recent reports of success or otherwise with your valid BD Gold card?

I am going to have a go at LGW tomorrow night - has anyone been in there yet? If not, then I'll buy up to CE, but it's not worth it if I can get into the lounge anyway...

And then Sunday, how legitimate would it be to ask for lounge access at NCE, given that the flight would erstwhile have been operated by bmi?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Doubtful at NCE (what might of been doesn't really count), but the BA lounges shouldn't present a problem.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Bump again... Any recent reports of success or otherwise with your valid BD Gold card?

I am going to have a go at LGW tomorrow night - has anyone been in there yet? If not, then I'll buy up to CE, but it's not worth it if I can get into the lounge anyway...

And then Sunday, how legitimate would it be to ask for lounge access at NCE, given that the flight would erstwhile have been operated by bmi?
LGW is officially allowed, print this page in order to reduce the likelihood of problems as staff at LGW are going to be less familiar with Diamond Club cards.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by colmc
Doubtful at NCE (what might of been doesn't really count), but the BA lounges shouldn't present a problem.
might be worth if there is an MMB upgrade offer to upgrade this leg, or even if the OP is in need of the tier points for renewal.

Originally Posted by layz
LGW is officially allowed, print this page in order to reduce the likelihood of problems as staff at LGW are going to be less familiar with Diamond Club cards.

True, the Gatters staff wont of seen so many, but the LGW BA lounge staff are a dedicated team so are very good, this differs from LHR where BA doesnt have a dedicated lounge team.

The LGW fleet is old, and the lounge facilities arent a scratch on the LHR lounges, theres no spa, and little hot food, but where the BA operation at LGW makes up for this is with the staff, both on the ground and in the air, they are a real asset to BA and you will very much enjoy your visit to Gatters

cs
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
might be worth if there is an MMB upgrade offer to upgrade this leg, or even if the OP is in need of the tier points for renewal.

True, the Gatters staff wont of seen so many, but the LGW BA lounge staff are a dedicated team so are very good, this differs from LHR where BA doesnt have a dedicated lounge team.

The LGW fleet is old, and the lounge facilities arent a scratch on the LHR lounges, theres no spa, and little hot food, but where the BA operation at LGW makes up for this is with the staff, both on the ground and in the air, they are a real asset to BA and you will very much enjoy your visit to Gatters

cs
Yup, I really enjoy flying BA from Gatwick - despite the naff old planes, IME the crews are always friendly and helpful, and yes I've done the lounge before (albeit not the First lounge) and the team there are great; not to mention the airport as a whole, which has come on leaps and bounds since BAA relinquished ownership - security is particularly friendly and efficient

As for upgrades, I only have the upgrade offer on the outbound (£69 for a hot meal and a few more TPs not worth it for me, if I already get the lounge - good call on printing the page BTW, thanks for that) - I would definitely have paid on the inbound were it available, but alas not on the last Sunday night before school starts
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:08 am

Quick update

LGW - No problem getting into F lounge. Super friendly staff did not bat an eyelid at DC Gold card. Multiple bottles of multiple champagnes available in the fridge, including a rather delicious pink Bolly! Let down by poor food selection - GBL is *far* superior. Overall though, flying out of LGW is a pleasure these days

NCE - Got into lounge here too, after some furrowed brows from the (inscrutable, but polite) agent, with guest to boot, and even though flying to LCY. Presume it's because the lounge agent recognised DC cards (bmi use the same/only non-Schengen lounge), and bmi metal still flies to NCE, albeit with BA codes. The lounge was rubbish as ever though - more so for the surfeit of children and their braying parents on the last Sunday evening of the school holidays

Not sure I would try my luck at other European stations, but I'm glad it worked at NCE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.