Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone Got into BA Lounges with BMI Gold Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Got into BA Lounges with BMI Gold Card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Its not solved yet I don't think. Was in IST today and they hadn't a clue who bmi were.

However, I asked at guest relations here at LHR and they said they were now treating BMI gold same as BA gold. Indeed, I used fasttrack etc......

Sure it will sort itself out. More annoyed i'm going MAN-LHR-YVR on Sunday and won't get bonus avios or tier points!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I'm actually kind of curious about the alternative scenario, getting into BD lounges when flying BA. I'll be flying BA from MAN-LHR soon, with my other half and my 2-year-old daughter. I'm the only one with status, and I understand BA are quite strict about not allowing a toddler as an "extra" guest, whereas BD are I gather a little more flexible here. I'm wondering if I'll be able to enter the BD lounge with either my BD or BA card (if it arrives in time!), on a BA ticket, if we're rebuked from the BA lounge?

(Don't worry, if we do get in, we shall ensure our little one behaves impeccably. )
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
At T5 Galleries First last night (Friday 27) I presented my boarding pass by means of the BA app on my iPhone, which clearly said 'Blue' for my BAEC status. The lady said "Welcome Mr Paulieuk...". I proffered by BD*G card, asking if she didn't need to see it, and she replied "I don't need to see it, I can see here you can come in", pointing to the screen. I had a sideways look too, and saw clearly the BAEC Blue line, it seemed to be in a different coloured text to the rest of the data on the monitor, but nothing immediately stuck out about BD*G status.

She then took the clipboard with 'the list', saying "it could be if you're on here that someone's put it in the system"- but I wasn't one of the six or seven names there. I assume that list is of people who have entered a Diamond Club number as their FF scheme for accrual on their flight.

I hadn't done that. We only booked the ticket this week and I only entered my BAEC Blue number, as I need the TPs to tick over to bronze (for the collection, you know?!) prior to doing the tier match probably later in the year.

Perhaps the DC and BAEC systems are now linked in preparation for Tuesday's tier match launch and through date-of-birth, address or email data matching they can identify BD elite membership now. If so, it might explain why when I managed my booking yesterday for my next BA trip on ba.com I was able to select seats for all three (economy) passengers - which again seems odd for a Blue member!

Tomorrow (Sunday), we return from MAN-LHR on my BA-issued ticket booked via the BA call centre but on a BD flight - I'll report back on lounge access success or otherwise.

Last edited by paulieuk; Apr 28, 2012 at 4:22 am
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Happy to report no issues with the return flight - a BD sector booked via BA on a BA ticket with accrual going to BAEC (Blue status).

At Manchester, the bmi check-in staff printed boarding passes and added the 'fast track' sticker, and at the bmi lounge, the Diamond Club gold card was good for access - all even though the boarding pass showed 'BAP' as frequent flier, rather than BD*G.
Old May 1, 2012, 8:52 am

Got into the BA First lounge at heathrow T5 yesterday. Lady wasn't sure initially had to make a note on my PNR, kept my AA card on file.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by paulieuk
I was able to select seats for all three (economy) passengers - which again seems odd for a Blue member!
Was wondering about that - but I'm not so sure there's a link just yet. Going by your logic I should be able to select 1A or 1K on a BA 744 due to me being BD G but I can't.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheKipper
Don't disagree but the principle that BA customers can walk into a bmi lounge on a ba ticket and I can't get into a bmi lounge with the same ticket seems a little wrong.

However, had a chat with guest relations in the lounge at LHR and they confirm this needed addressing. They were keen to get on with getting us integrated and were pleased to see bmi people starting to fly with ba.
So quick update on this. Flew on a cheap BA ticket LHR-EDI. Used my BD*G to get into BA Galleries First at LHR and then got access to BD lounge in EDI on the rtn leg despite flying BA and not bmi.
Old May 4, 2012, 5:50 am

How are you BMI friends with DC Gold liking the Galleries First lounge then?
I am probably blinded by loyalty, but I still find it a superb frequent flyer lounge with some of the best wines and champagnes available. I mean; what other Gold Card lounge offers Bollinger Rose, Tattinger 2004, 4-5 decent (and sometimes world class) reds, and 4 whites of high quality?

Please note Galleries First is not a First Class lounge per se, so comparisons to places like The CX or SQ First class lounges is irrelevant.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Petrus
How are you BMI friends with DC Gold liking the Galleries First lounge then?
I am probably blinded by loyalty, but I still find it a superb frequent flyer lounge with some of the best wines and champagnes available. I mean; what other Gold Card lounge offers Bollinger Rose, Tattinger 2004, 4-5 decent (and sometimes world class) reds, and 4 whites of high quality?

Please note Galleries First is not a First Class lounge per se, so comparisons to places like The CX or SQ First class lounges is irrelevant.
Do they do brown ale and twix? :P
Old May 4, 2012, 6:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by layz
Do they do brown ale and twix? :P
London Pride is about the only brownish beer (?) there, I think.

They had a dreaded Heineken dispenser at T5 F lounge for a while. I am not sure if the offended people have destroyed the machine or what, but I haven't noticed it for a while. Not that I pay any attention to it - I may be all sorts of dreaded things but even I do not do Heineken!

As for Twix, I can't recall ever seeing it even at the No. 1 Heathrow lounge (feel free to tell me to go and pay more attention), and definitely haven't noticed it at any of the BA lounges, but you have made me want it now. I don't even know if they have them in the whole country (I'm not in the UK right now).
Old May 4, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
As for Twix, I can't recall ever seeing it even at the No. 1 Heathrow lounge (feel free to tell me to go and pay more attention), and definitely haven't noticed it at any of the BA lounges, but you have made me want it now.
Be careful what you wish for.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Was able to use Galleries First at T3 on 3 May and the First Lounge at SIN on 4 May, on a J booking. The latter may be to do with my status match coming through on 4 May. I think my DC card was the first they had seen at T3 - they asked me if it was a paid card and could not see the Gold at first (it is rather small...)
Old May 28, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: *A G, ST Elite+, Marriott Silver, Hertz#1 Club Gold
I am at Galleries First at T5 right now. Got in with my partner only by showing BD Gold card. Worked like a sharm!
Old May 30, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: Diamond Club, OnePass, Priority Club, HHonors, SPG, Hyatt, Golden Circle
Chance of BA lounge at ORD (UA op/was BD codeshare)?

Hi folks, couple of Q's which may be related to this thread I hope.

I burned my last DC points on a LHR-ORD-LHR trip on UA June 3-20.
Lounge access outbound - no Star Alliance anymore (I guess since May 31) but might the T1 bmi international lounge be available?
Return - any hope of getting into the BA lounge in ORD (T3?) I have been status matched gold with BAEC if that helps...

My hope was that the BD codeshare would work somehow even though its UA operated...ever the optimist!

Cheers for any thoughts,

PlummetAirlines
Old May 30, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Can't say for sure about the bmi lounge, but part of me says no as you're not flying bmi. No lounge access at ORD with a BD card. You would need to be flying BA to use your BA Gold to enter the BA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.