Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone Got into BA Lounges with BMI Gold Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Got into BA Lounges with BMI Gold Card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Well - its good and bad news.....

First the good news is i'm in the Galleries First Lounge at T5. We had a five minute inquiry through various bits of paper before discovering that the 'access book' has been updated and there it is. Our little black cards are included. Gold into Galleries First and Silver into Galleries club.

I'd say its SEN comparable with a different UK style, so a fair swap. Pretty good food and drinks. But not up there with the TK (ist) and BKK, SIN lounges.

And now the bad.

I had a BA ticket today as i'm connecting and was rejected access at the BMI lounge and BA lounge at MAN. Apparently BA customers can go in both. But in a quirk, they've forgotten to let BMI customers with BA tickets into BMI or BA lounges outside LHR and LGW.....
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:43 am
Original Poster

PS - must invest in some expensive golf jumpers or at least a tweed jacket/ blazer.

Oh yes, its everything you would expect.

I could be wrong but I think the agent at the desk typed 'unclean' into the computer when I entered.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by TheKipper

I could be wrong but I think the agent at the desk typed 'unclean' into the computer when I entered.
That's just the coding for 'Yorkshire' on the system. Oxon Flyer gets the same treatment

The quirk of bmi members not getting access to the BA lounges outside of LHR and LGW has been raised elsewhere and the BA.com FAQ does only list those lounges. It is a bit strange though, I agree.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: LH SEN
Posted on the other thread, but was in Galeries Club (North) and about 15 on the bmi list ahead of my. Now in the Galeries First (South) and about 10 on the list ahead of me. No problems at all getting in.

Boarding pass shows BD and FF number.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by aidanc
Posted on the other thread, but was in Galeries Club (North) and about 15 on the bmi list ahead of my. Now in the Galeries First (South) and about 10 on the list ahead of me. No problems at all getting in.

Boarding pass shows BD and FF number.
Did you need to show your card? (my March renewal, and replacement requested 2 weeks ago, haven't arrived yet...)
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had a BA ticket today as i'm connecting and was rejected access at the BMI lounge and BA lounge at MAN. Apparently BA customers can go in both. But in a quirk, they've forgotten to let BMI customers with BA tickets into BMI or BA lounges outside LHR and LGW.....
Well the only announcement I've seen is that we get access to BA lounges in LHR and LGW. I haven't seen any mention that we get into all lounges. So on this basis being turned away at MAN was correct.

Perhaps this is deliberate as at LHR and LGW BA and BD are either in different terminals or BD simply don't fly there. At places like MAN where tboth carriers operate from the same terminal they wouldn't want people lounge hopping or crowding the smaller BA lounges.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by RobDBA
Did you need to show your card? (my March renewal, and replacement requested 2 weeks ago, haven't arrived yet...)
Yes you will need your card. The "system" does not have status look up based on bmi ff number, nor will it ever I expect. Your old card and current print out might work.

Last edited by aidanc; Apr 24, 2012 at 8:47 am
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by aidanc
Yes you will need your card. The "system" does not have status look up based on bmi off number, nor will it ever I expect. Your old card and current print out might work.
Thanks, I'll try that. It worked last year for BMI lounges so fingers crossed BA will know BD cards are often late. Slightly nervous given the BA lounge dragon reputation and the fact it's the first lounge which lets be fair I don't really belong in! (I've only been just scraping BD gold these last two years based on exclusively Y flying, so I won't be sullying the first lounge for long don't worry!).
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does Galleries First have food to order or just buffet?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by hugolover
Hi,

They do have food to order as well as the buffet.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by hugolover
corporate-wage-slave does sterling work keeping us up to speed on the Galleries First menus (both with the self serve buffet and table service menus)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2012-a.html
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Well the only announcement I've seen is that we get access to BA lounges in LHR and LGW. I haven't seen any mention that we get into all lounges. So on this basis being turned away at MAN was correct.

Perhaps this is deliberate as at LHR and LGW BA and BD are either in different terminals or BD simply don't fly there. At places like MAN where tboth carriers operate from the same terminal they wouldn't want people lounge hopping or crowding the smaller BA lounges.
Don't disagree but the principle that BA customers can walk into a bmi lounge on a ba ticket and I can't get into a bmi lounge with the same ticket seems a little wrong.

However, had a chat with guest relations in the lounge at LHR and they confirm this needed addressing. They were keen to get on with getting us integrated and were pleased to see bmi people starting to fly with ba.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, PC AMB, Hyat Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Don't disagree but the principle that BA customers can walk into a bmi lounge on a ba ticket and I can't get into a bmi lounge with the same ticket seems a little wrong.

However, had a chat with guest relations in the lounge at LHR and they confirm this needed addressing. They were keen to get on with getting us integrated and were pleased to see bmi people starting to fly with ba.
Anything further on this? Have a BA flight ex EDI on Monday, and would hope to get into at least our own bmi lounge....
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:36 am

I flew MAN-LHR last night on a BMI ticket and with a BAEC Gold Card - no access to the BA lounge, BMI lounge only (I was told at the BA lounge that I could only access a BA lounge while flying BMI if there was no BMI lounge available, so for example Heathrow Terminal 5 - didn't want to point out the slight flaw in this statement...)

So not just inconsistencies for DC members...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:57 am

Any thoughts on this one?

Mrs DE and I are off to Rome tomorrow on a BAEC reward saver redemption, MAN-LHR-FCO. Blue status only now with both BA and BMI but I do have a couple of BMI lounge passes via an old BMI Amex card that expire soon. I'm guessing our chance of swapping these for a comfy seat and a cappuccino are pretty slim but would value any advice. Unless I'm missing something the BA MAN-LHR shuttles don't have a BMI codeshare number??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.