BD Interlining baggage question

Old Apr 26, 10, 11:39 am
Original Poster

BD Interlining baggage question

Do BD still prohibit interlining even when booked on their own metal for the entire trip? In this situation there would be two separate tickets.
Old Apr 26, 10, 11:41 am
Original Poster

I realise I could have wrote 'Do BD prohibit intralining on two separate tix'!
Old Apr 26, 10, 12:01 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Baggage is only tagged to its final destination on single itineraries.
Old Apr 26, 10, 3:02 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Except when it isn't. If you can check in through to your final destination, boarding pass in hand, they may just do it. The boarding pass is what I was asked last time I enquired about this and on presenting it they duly obliged. They have even done this for me recently when one flight was on another *A carrier (SK) - BUT they don't have to and its no use complaining if they don't.
Old Apr 29, 10, 4:58 am

Opposite question.

If I have a ticket Vancouver to Brussels via Frankfurt, can I get my bags at FRA and then skip the flight to BRU?

For weird reasons, there is ticket avail Vancouver to BRU via FRA, but not on just the FRA flight!

My idea is then just to pay for a FRA to EDI flight, rather than use the Vancouver-FRA-BRU-EDI route that is available.
Old Apr 29, 10, 6:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
Just ask the agent to short-check your luggage. But I am not sure if they all are willing to do that.
Old Apr 29, 10, 1:34 pm

Programs: BD*G
If your connection is long enough, you could let the check-in agent know that you are going straight into work on arrival into BRU and as such, would like to use the time in FRA to get changed and have a shower. Obviously then you would need your spongebag which is in your checked luggage so could you please have it back in FRA.
Old Apr 30, 10, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lhr baby View Post
Except when it isn't. If you can check in through to your final destination, boarding pass in hand, they may just do it. The boarding pass is what I was asked last time I enquired about this and on presenting it they duly obliged. They have even done this for me recently when one flight was on another *A carrier (SK) - BUT they don't have to and its no use complaining if they don't.
+1

This is rarely a problem for me from GLA, I've even interlined from BD to BA T1-T5 with no problems (same itinerary that time tho).

Search this Thread