Search

Z earning, BD metal?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Z earning, BD metal?

Hi all,

I've done a quick search but not found anything, so here goes.

When booking Premium Economy on CAI (I know, not long left) the booking class is Z, earns at 1.5x. When booked in conjunction with a MAN-LHR flight the domestic flight is also in Z. Now the BD website claims I would earn 8392 miles, which suggests 1.5 miles for all sectors. The BD milage table does not list Z at all. Based on the fact that the BD website could never, ever possibly be wrong I am assuming no miles for the MAN-LHR run? Does anyone have any experience of this? Does Z map to another booking class, or more likely really earn nothing?

I believe the new iGUV's can be used to upgrade from PE to J, correct?

Brian.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Can't answer the Z point (although it sounds right for the long-haul and I suspect you'd actually get something for the MAN flight despite what the table suggests...) but I would remind you that it is worth checking your chosen flight dates for I class availability. If business is already full or I class not available, then you'll never get to use the iGUV.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I've booked the flights in question, fare basis is Z for the inbound, however both inbound and outbound MAN-LHr sectors appear to have mapped into Y, according to the MMB function the "Fare Type" is "Premium Economy (Y)". If that does turn out to be the case that will be 2400 Status and 5220 destination miles (double destination miles on UK through March and 35% BD*G bonus).

Here's hoping for a good promo on mid-hauls for March!

Brian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.