Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

I received an Account Statement by email!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen

Just received an email from ifly at flybmi.com

It had a detailed statement (in a nice pdf format, though descriptions are all over the place) of my account going back to the first day of my enrollment!!
It states that the statement is till today.

This is first one for me as I have never before recd any statement from bmi!!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Maybe they are just going to abandon the whole online login thing and send out PDF's each month!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Well, I do not know about that, but my statement was for transactions since 2008!

Luckily they have got my mileages correct but all manual corrections by Joanna appear as either Earned Bonuses or Redeemed Bonuses!!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Well, I do not know about that, but my statement was for transactions since 2008!
You sure it isn't just a closing of account statement as nobody else seems to have received one?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAPC
You sure it isn't just a closing of account statement as nobody else seems to have received one?

It could be due to the fact that my account renewal date was in feb and I changed tier to gold in oct last year.

I can not see any reason for them to even email me a statement if they wanted to close the acoount...and for what reason?
And what about my 97,000+ status and 200k+ dest miles?

Nah, i do not think it is something to worry about!!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)

Nah, i do not think it is something to worry about!!
I was joking - interesting that they sent you one. If it is year end, then it looks like you are one of the first to get one.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Does it still say "points.com" for all the partner transactions ?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Does it still say "points.com" for all the partner transactions ?
No, it says, e.g:
Partner Code :HT Amount Spent : 0 Activity
Date :24-DEC-08
(which is for hotel stay at Hilton)

Partner Code : OSHP Amount Spent : 119.00
Activity Date :15-Jan-2010
(which is for the online shopping)

Partner Code : M2 Amount Spent : 0.00
Activity Date :25-Jan-2010
(which is for the CC miles)

ITALICS are my comments.

Last edited by mahajanvikas; Feb 5, 2010 at 7:53 am Reason: added more info
Old Feb 5, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Good grief - this is going to be fun - I've been a member since 2000 or 2001, I wonder how far back my statement will go?

Anyway, good news - well done bmi!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Good grief - this is going to be fun - I've been a member since 2000 or 2001, I wonder how far back my statement will go?

Anyway, good news - well done bmi!
Maybe not so much fun...... I became a member only in October 2008!
Became silver on 5th jan 2009 and recd card valid till feb 2010. Became a gold in Oct 2009 and recd the gold card.

Assuming my initial year was due to end on 5th feb (incl one month grace period) I do not know if it is the end of year statement or I am the "chosen one"
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Maybe not so much fun...... I became a member only in October 2008!
Became silver on 5th jan 2009 and recd card valid till feb 2010. Became a gold in Oct 2009 and recd the gold card.

Assuming my initial year was due to end on 5th feb (incl one month grace period) I do not know if it is the end of year statement or I am the "chosen one"
Indeed you must be "the chosen one". My membership year also ended 5 Feb and I haven't received any year-end statement.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichielR
Indeed you must be "the chosen one". My membership year also ended 5 Feb and I haven't received any year-end statement.
Actually my year ended 5th jan as per my post but I am "assuming" the one month grace period (as stated on the initial silver card) might make it 5th feb.
So if I am correct and BMI IT is right then you might receive it on 5th march.
else, I AM the "chosen one"

Actually, I must admit that the pdf statement is quite impressive and it coming by email is also very nice. Much better than other airline accounts that I have seen.
So, on that account it is a rare congrats to BMI IT!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:21 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Check your BMI account for errors & how to get complete history?

First of all it might just be me but I'm really annoyed how BMI displays the account history and that they never send you a paper or email account balance with a date on it. This is especially frustrating when they e.g. add a missing credit and you never know whether it's been done unless you go back through your history and compare line by line to see if e.g. car rental X or hotel stay Y back in July 2009 has now finally been credited.

It would be so much easier if they showed this credit at the top of the account history with the date they added it and also the date the rental/flight etc occured.

Apart from this I just noticed that they have also deducted additional points from my account for a Y/C award back in October. This was issued as Y as the longest sector was Y (boy, I really miss this benefit!) but sometime after the booking they deducted extra points to make it a C class redemption. And I didn't get an email from them or any note. Just felt that my balance was lower than it should have been.

While looking at my account I also found that e.g. two SFO-SYD flights on UA have been credited with slightly different bonus mileage even though it was same class, same airline, same route and I had the same status. Granted it was retro credited and probably done manually but these errors are just too many to ignore.

I've also seen lately that they make so many mistakes deduting points for awards. They sometime deduct say 7234 points for a cash and point award and then you see another entry for 266 points to make the total 7500. It's just adding to the complexity of the account history and if you have quite a few redemptions and credits it's just a mess to read and understand what is what and to keep track of what they're doing.

So, to make a long story short I feel that I'm missing quite a few points in my account but I can only see the last 12 months history and I also have no idea what exactly my balance was at a certain point in time because BD never sends out paper or email statements.

Is there a way to request a full history of your account or otherwise the balance at a certain date in the past? Otherwise I don't think I'll ever find my missing points.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:56 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Threads merged.

Apparently it is possible to get a full statement, though we have only had one ever report of this happening. Ask and see what happens... YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.