Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

LH Strike - how to protect miles if re-routed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3 *G

I'm booked to travel with LH in business LCY-FRA-CPT on Monday (the first day of the expected strike). I understand they will announce re-booking policy tomorrow.

Am I correct in thinking that if I am re-routed I can write to BMI afterwards and have the original routing credited? Or let's say I get re-routed with SAA directly LHR-CPT , would I have to accept the (lower) miles on that new routing? If I end up with a non-Star partner (eg BA/VS) - would you have to earn miles with them instead?

Also, if I call LH and agree a re-routing does this change anything (does it change from involuntary to voluntary?)
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:09 am

Years ago, I was rerouted (same airline) and got the miles differece between actual miles flown and miles booked creditied from DC.
Last year though, DC did not even reply to my request and after two attempts, I just gave up. Miles difference was only 650-odd status miles - I hope I do not need them for renewal...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
My past experience has been miles will be credited (requires email or letter though) according to the initial booking (rerouted onto *A or not). It sometimes provides those rare opportunities for double dipping

Still waiting to rerouted next week as well (DUB-FRA-TLV), looks like LX with an 8h stop over in ZRH and a crummy A320 instead of the bed I was looking forward to on the A340 from FRA

The emergency timetable will be published today and apparently LH will start rerouting onto *A carriers from this afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.