Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: bmi London Christmas Drinks : Wed 16 December 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: bmi London Christmas Drinks : Wed 16 December 2009

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I shall think of you lot with envy... I will be in JED and thirsty, so very thirsty...
Even worse, I'm in RUH and very thirsty. At least JED is interesting. Enjoy yourselves.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Even worse, I'm in RUH and very thirsty. At least JED is interesting. Enjoy yourselves.
We'll raise a nice toast to you early on whilst everyone is sober enough to care.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
And I am stuck in Amsterdam and very sorry that I will not have the opportunity to meet you all.

Have a great time.

Regards

20-Horse
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Ah, beaten to it. Here I was logging on for a quick bump, and RAPC has been way more timely than I.

See you all Wednesday night. We can share the warm glow of Christmas, and safe in the knowledge that our favorite British carrier isn't going on strike over the holidays...

Last edited by BristolTraveller; Dec 14, 2009 at 4:41 pm Reason: Grammar. It's always grammar. And spelling.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:04 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Can't wait to order a nice glass of American beer

Hopefully they got some nice lagers from around the area to sample (by the pint )

And how will I be able to spot all of you?
I will be wearing black sweater, black coat with a coloured scarf looking lost as usual

Last edited by jason8612; Dec 15, 2009 at 2:11 am
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by jason8612

I will be wearing black sweater, black coat with a coloured scarf looking lost as usual
I have cunningly packed a yellow fabric Flyertalk bag. I'll try to leave it somewhere prominent as a marker for fellow FTers.

Failing that, if anyone needs needs my mobile number as a back-up on the evening then feel free to PM me.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Hi all

I'm really sorry, but I now find myself in a position of not being able to make the drinks tomorrow night due to being volunteered to get someone out of a bit of a hole tomorrow evening at short notice.

I'm very disappointed, as I was looking forward to meeting those of you I've not met before, and to reaquainting myself with old faces (not to mention Mr Smith's finest hangovers the morning after )

Please have a drink on my behalf, and I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas.

Here's to the next one....

Markdg
Old Dec 15, 2009, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAPC
I have cunningly packed a yellow fabric Flyertalk bag. I'll try to leave it somewhere prominent as a marker for fellow FTers
Woah, me too. We can leave them next to each other.

Can't wait to order a nice glass of American beer
It's a Sam Smith's pub - that'll be a pint of "American-style" beer you'll be having. Brewed in Northamptonshire. Next to the "Alpine lager".
Old Dec 15, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Well, if you don't spot the tags, just approach a group of guys and ask them if they are discussing cheese toasties - if the answer is yes, then you've found the group.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Well, if you don't spot the tags, just approach a group of guys and ask them if they are discussing cheese toasties - if the answer is yes, then you've found the group.
More the point, if you approach a group of guys and they *smell* like cheese toasties, you've probably found us.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95_8GB/30.0.018 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

bump. Less than 5 hours to go, so do join us if you're in London.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Late addition: did not think that I would be able to make it but turns out that I can so I'll be there.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:58 am

Just to aid the recognition process. I'll be wearing jeans, a striped shirt and a black pullover type thing over the top. (Think Ken Barlow, the prematurely aged years)

I may be a little bit later than 6:30pm as my hotel room wasn't ready when I tied to check in 30 mins ago, so I'll need to head there from work for a 2nd attempt at 6:15pm!

See you all later.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:31 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Looking like a possible NO-SHOW depending how long my conference call lasts...
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tht
Looking like a possible NO-SHOW depending how long my conference call lasts...
You too huh? I'm squatted at Paddington station (QQP) on a conference call. Can't get onto the Underground until it's finished....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.