Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: bmi London Christmas Drinks : Wed 16 December 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: bmi London Christmas Drinks : Wed 16 December 2009

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:02 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Thanks all. I don't take the hoppa buses. Figured out the free method.
I'll see how crowded and tired I am, but I was thinking of doing HEX at least one of the ways. An hr on the tube seems like forever
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jason8612
Thanks all. I don't take the hoppa buses. Figured out the free method.
I'll see how crowded and tired I am, but I was thinking of doing HEX at least one of the ways. An hr on the tube seems like forever
As others have said, I'd just bring your bags to the venue if it is easier. Failing that, there may be one or two out of towners (me included) who are staying in central London and might be able to store your bags for you on the evening.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Having not met any folks here on the friendly BD board I'm trying my best to make it - am currently scheduled at a meeting up by EDI which I'm trying to get out of and replace with an emergency "client update" in London. Anyone else going down on the MAN shuttle?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
As others have said, I'd just bring your bags to the venue if it is easier. Failing that, there may be one or two out of towners (me included) who are staying in central London and might be able to store your bags for you on the evening.
Thanks, but what will I do from 1430 till pub time? Can't drink the whole time
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Paging BristolTraveller. Have you any idea which pub you're planning the hangover-prep to be in as yet? It might help jason8612 with his plans a bit if we have a definite location.

Cheers
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by markdg
Paging BristolTraveller. Have you any idea which pub you're planning the hangover-prep to be in as yet? It might help jason8612 with his plans a bit if we have a definite location.

Cheers
Crikey, you want a decision? Urm.

Someone felt that Sam Smith's, whilst cheap, did bad things to people, so that may rule out the Glasshouse Stores on Brewer Street. There are a couple of other candidates in that area (within 200m of Piccadilly Circus underground), so I'll check them out tomorrow. Assume we'll be around there, or maybe Leicester Square.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 4:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just a gentle bump.

Can we order a 'Piccadilly Platter' ?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
I have never attended a 'DO', well I did meet up with some Chicago based FTers a few years ago but that was a bit weird... Anyway can I ask that although Sam Smiths may not to be ideal we do not loose sight of the fact that it's cheap! I would love to come along but if it's going to be some trendy SOHO bar that want a tenner for a pint I will have to give it miss. This simple Devon boy has simple tastes and very shallow pockets.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Someone felt that Sam Smith's, whilst cheap, did bad things to people, so that may rule out the Glasshouse Stores on Brewer Street. There are a couple of other candidates in that area (within 200m of Piccadilly Circus underground), so I'll check them out tomorrow. Assume we'll be around there, or maybe Leicester Square.
Originally Posted by BigVince76
Anyway can I ask that although Sam Smiths may not to be ideal we do not loose sight of the fact that it's cheap! I would love to come along but if it's going to be some trendy SOHO bar that want a tenner for a pint I will have to give it miss. This simple Devon boy has simple tastes and very shallow pockets.
I admit - it was just me who suggested that Sam Smith's might be bad. It was simply based upon the length, depth, and general pain of my hangover the next day after the last one.

However, I kinda feel bad now, as I'd hate to give the thought I'm wanting to go to some trendy rip-off place - I'm very happy with Mr Smith's establishments, especially if it means we'll have some cash in our pockets for those last minute Christmas pressies afterwards (I'll just eat more and drink less this time!)

BristolTraveller, how's about it? Glasshouse Stores?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by markdg
BristolTraveller, how's about it? Glasshouse Stores?
I'll second it (or 3rd or 4th it) for 2 reasons:

1) I know where it is
2) My hotel is about 200 yards stumble from there

And the bonus reason is:
3) It is relatively cheap by London standards.

Happy to go wherever though. Whatever happens, it is bound to be more upscale than the Manchester bmi do venues.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Great, sorted, Glasshouse Stores it is then at 18:30 on 16th December. I'll update post #1.

I had a snoop round some of the other pubs in that area, but they all have these "dining rooms" just in the place that 12-15 people should be drinking and talking about flying.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
As a local, I think I'll pop in and meet a few new people.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:48 am

sounds good.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:02 pm

Blimey - less than 48 hours to the London drinks. That has come around fast hasn't it?

Anyway, just a little bump for the drinks on Wednesday as it will be nice to meet some people from the bmi board as well as from elsewhere on FT.

If you are able to make it to London on Wednesday evening and still fancy attending, then I am sure your host, BristolTraveller will be delighted to welcome you.

For those who wish to see a rare sight, you may witness a Northerner (me) opening his wallet and buying a round of drinks. Only if you get there early mind you!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by RAPC
For those who wish to see a rare sight, you may witness a Northerner opening his wallet and buying a round of drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.