Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

REWRUSH119 - free night (good for 60 days) after 2 stays between 2/4/19 and 4/14/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REWRUSH119 - free night (good for 60 days) after 2 stays between 2/4/19 and 4/14/19

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
Great idea. Unfortunately I was-a-real go-getter and registered right when I got the email announcement.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:27 am

I don't follow BW closely - Government rates should be fine for this promo, right? The website indicates that points will be earned on the rate, so they should be fair game?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by synergistic
I don't follow BW closely - Government rates should be fine for this promo, right? The website indicates that points will be earned on the rate, so they should be fair game?
Call CSR to confirm, I have done this before (prior 2 stays for 1 free night promo) and they said yes as I was using certain corporate discount code.
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Despite the rules language saying no extensions, I wonder if Best Western will extend either the promotion or the certs, given the trickiness for many people in doing hotel stays right now? The short time to redeem seems to be designed for a promotion for "normal" times, but these times are anything but "normal".
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:11 pm

I'll let you know - I just completed my second night.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:13 pm

I completed my second night about 10 days ago. I have not received my free night voucher yet.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:08 pm

My stay 2 nights get 1 free night voucher expires mid May 2020. I’m not hopeful I’ll be able to use it by then due to COVID-19, even locally. Anyone believe BW will extend the voucher redemption period? I sure hope so.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
I completed my second night about 10 days ago. I have not received my free night voucher yet.
I got my voucher 6 days after my 2nd night. That was mid March, prior to COVID-19 hitting North America in large numbers.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:32 pm

It's good to know you got yours. I'll give them another couple weeks before I reach out. I'm not planning on using it until the beginning of June anyway. Of course at this point I'm not even sure if I'm still going to go to colorado in June or not. Thanks for the datapoint; best wishes to you and everyone else.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
It's good to know you got yours. I'll give them another couple weeks before I reach out. I'm not planning on using it until the beginning of June anyway. Of course at this point I'm not even sure if I'm still going to go to colorado in June or not. Thanks for the datapoint; best wishes to you and everyone else.
The 60 day redemption period starts when you receive the voucher, so it actually may be best to wait a few weeks if you can. The expiry date is printed on the e-voucher when it’s emailed to you. You have to call the 1-800 to redeem it so they’ll know when it was activated.
symbols and thunderdeacon like this.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by db1234db1234
My stay 2 nights get 1 free night voucher expires mid May 2020. I’m not hopeful I’ll be able to use it by then due to COVID-19, even locally. Anyone believe BW will extend the voucher redemption period? I sure hope so.
I just called. The agent said that, by individual request, they are willing to issue new vouchers expiring 31 August due to the COVID-19 situation.
Brendan, sdsearch and synergistic like this.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:50 am

Never got the initial email with the free night voucher, but when I called about it, the rep offered to send me the extended certificate instead. Here's hoping that one of our expensive leisure favorites are a bit closer to normal by August. I'd be sad to have to use these on a cheap work stay.

I also asked the rep to pass it up the line that some of us are still on the road through all this, and might be swayed to their chain if they offered a promotion. She apologized and told me that BW hotels are mom and pop places who are already losing a lot of money, and they just can't afford to incentivize bookings.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:13 pm

Called BW today and the CS rep put in a request for a new voucher expiring August 31st. Only took a few minutes on the phone.
Brendan and sdsearch like this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I called several days ago, on what the end date of my original free night cert, and they were able to extend it to August 31, and they said I'd get a new email with a new cert but that it might take a couple weeks.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I called several days ago, on what the end date of my original free night cert, and they were able to extend it to August 31, and they said I'd get a new email with a new cert but that it might take a couple weeks.
I never received either of the initial certs for my other half or myself, and haven't received the extended certificate either. They told me ten days. I get all their marketing emails, so I don't know what's up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.