Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Never mind!

Last edited by jrjcopp; Oct 19, 2017 at 7:46 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Really, really confusing the way that they post the stay credits, but it looks as though they double everything not just the actual base points?
synergistic likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Really, really confusing the way that they post the stay credits, but it looks as though they double everything not just the actual base points?
I've been wondering this, they're far less clear in their T&C than I'm used to with other programs. I hope you're correct. If you feel comfortable sharing the details of your stay with me, I'd be happy to help you figure out what they gave you. Feel free to PM me to keep your information private if you'd prefer.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
$98 room rate

980 base + 980 2x promo + 500 elite bonus + 500 amenity points

The account page indicated that the latter two were doubled as well, which would make sense as I earned roughly 4000 net points for the stay.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:47 am

I was wondering why the L.A. area hotels were so cheap! Wish there was a way to transfer points to BW...

This is what being honest does - we stayed at a hotel in Chicago in September and they somehow didn't charge my account. Called them yesterday to rectify, goodbye 53K points. My ethics are happy, but on my next trip my wallet isn't going to be.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Wish there was a way to transfer points to BW...
There is a way to transfer points to BW. But there isn't a way to get the card that can do it if you don't already have one.

But I would guess that if they had a way to transfer (from a card you can apply for), then they wouldn't have had this 10k promo. This 10k promo seems to me to only have been possible because the only real way for most people to get BW points any more is to earn them on hotel stays.

It's similar with WyndhamRewards. They were able to make their hotel program a flat 15k per night at every property a couple years ago because there's pretty much no other way to earn lots of WyndhamRewards points other than by staying in their hotels (or putting super high spend on the credit card).

Meanwhile, Hilton points were so easy to get from so many places, and look what happened? They went in the other direction, with "dynamic" pricing of awards at many properties so that when special events raise the property price, the number of points required also goes up !

So be careful what you wish for, it might come true!!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Fair points, I suppose. Although I was able to resolve my dilemma, as you can read in my neighboring thread - BW really went above and beyond.

I don’t necessarily mind Hilton’s dynamic pricing. Been able to score some pretty stellar deals through them. 17K points/night at Embassy LAX South around Christmas and 30K at Millenium NYC in the middle of summer were the highlights.

Last edited by highlanderfil; Dec 11, 2023 at 11:38 am
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair points, I suppose. Although I was able to resolve my dilemma, as you can read in my neighboring thread - BW really went above and beyond.

I don’t necessarily mind Hilton’s dynamic pricing. Been able to score some pretty stellar deals through them. 17K points/night at Embassy LAX South around Christmas and 30K at Millenium NYC in the middle of summer we’re the highlights.
But are you sure Embassy LAX South around Christmas is not quite cheap on money either? Lots of hotels drop their cash prices tremendously around Christmas, I see it year after year.

As to the Millenium, are you sure it's dynamic pricing yet? Not all hotels are. I got the Porltand (OR) Hampton East for 30k when it was $200+tax two nights after the eclipse, while it's still 30k now that it's dropped to $100ish many nights in the near future. So it's obviously not on dynamic pricing yet.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But are you sure Embassy LAX South around Christmas is not quite cheap on money either? Lots of hotels drop their cash prices tremendously around Christmas, I see it year after year.
So, it looks like I fibbed a bit. I did pay with cash - $285 for three nights, to be exact - and earned a whole bunch of points (16K+) because of a couple of Hilton promos. Points rate would have been 21K/night, not 17K, but still a decent drop from the usual 30ish.
As to the Millenium, are you sure it's dynamic pricing yet? Not all hotels are. I got the Porltand (OR) Hampton East for 30k when it was $200+tax two nights after the eclipse, while it's still 30k now that it's dropped to $100ish many nights in the near future. So it's obviously not on dynamic pricing yet.
The Millenium is dynamic - I had cancelled and re-booked when it dropped from 34K/night to 30K.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by born_to_run
Data point: you cannot buy more than 5K points during the promotional period.

I purchased 20,000 points this week and used them for an upcoming stay in November. I then got an email that the purchase had been declined (overridden), but the reservation still existed. I called in today to purchase an additional 20,000 points (needed 4 nights total) and successfully added to my reservation. I then was called back by a rep saying her supervisor had instructed that 5,000 points is the maximum allowed during this promotion, and that the entire point purchases and reservation had to be canceled. Bummer. Great value for those with enough points already!
Makes sense, since it's likely a far better deal to buy 10K rather than pay the going rate at some hotels!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:14 pm

Are cancelations allowed for the 10K redemption?

Has anyone canceled their 10K per night room redemption? I can't find any restrictions in the promo regarding the 10K redemption not being refundable.

I did book one night for a stay that's pretty solid, and the cancellation terms seem to be consistent with regular room redemptions. But I have another stay that I want to book, but that date is more borderline and I may need to cancel. I'd like to be sure that I can cancel and get my 10K refunded before I book.

Has anyone confirmed?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by pokee
Has anyone canceled their 10K per night room redemption? I can't find any restrictions in the promo regarding the 10K redemption not being refundable.

I did book one night for a stay that's pretty solid, and the cancellation terms seem to be consistent with regular room redemptions. But I have another stay that I want to book, but that date is more borderline and I may need to cancel. I'd like to be sure that I can cancel and get my 10K refunded before I book.

Has anyone confirmed?
When booking over the phone, I was told, very explicitly (as in, made to listen to it in one of those "I know I've already said it four times, but I have to read it to you" kind of things), that I had to cancel 24 hours in advance, but that it was definitely refundable.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:34 pm

When booking over the phone, I was told, very explicitly (as in, made to listen to it in one of those "I know I've already said it four times, but I have to read it to you" kind of things), that I had to cancel 24 hours in advance, but that it was definitely refundable.
Great - thanks! Good to know.

This is such an amazing deal, that I'd really like to take advantage of it, but I haven't sorted out my dates yet and I want to secure my booking just in case the reward bookings sell out. I'm already seeing award availability dwindling for some dates around the holidays...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by pokee
Great - thanks! Good to know.

This is such an amazing deal, that I'd really like to take advantage of it, but I haven't sorted out my dates yet and I want to secure my booking just in case the reward bookings sell out. I'm already seeing award availability dwindling for some dates around the holidays...
If you're a diamond or diamond elite, one of the perks is award night availability guaranteed by calling in as long as theres rooms available. Does this apply to this promo or anyone have any experience that they actually do this. I know BW is known for sticking to their perks and what not.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991
If you're a diamond or diamond elite, one of the perks is award night availability guaranteed by calling in as long as theres rooms available. Does this apply to this promo or anyone have any experience that they actually do this. I know BW is known for sticking to their perks and what not.
I just sent my information for status match so I can't confirm, but I will call them back when I get my Diamond. I'm disappointed at myself for not booking the hotel I want when it was still available .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.